Foros de discusión

How do remove the localization flags so they don't show up in my website.

thumbnail
Brant Levinson, modificado hace 15 años.

How do remove the localization flags so they don't show up in my website.

Junior Member Mensajes: 48 Fecha de incorporación: 12/07/08 Mensajes recientes
Is there are way to do this via configuration, or do I need to change the code in the theme. If it is a code change, can someone point me where.
thumbnail
Arvind Mishra, modificado hace 15 años.

RE: How do remove the localization flags so they don't show up in my w

Regular Member Mensajes: 226 Fecha de incorporación: 13/02/08 Mensajes recientes
Here is how can you remove language flags from code

go to

<theme>/templates/dock.vm

at the top remove following code lines
<div class="lang">
		$taglibLiferay.language()
	</div>

Regards
arvind
thumbnail
Brant Levinson, modificado hace 15 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 48 Fecha de incorporación: 12/07/08 Mensajes recientes
Okay, thanks for the reply. Now how do I change the types of flags that show up. Like if I just want US and Mexico.
thumbnail
Ray Augé, modificado hace 15 años.

Re: [Liferay Forums][4. Custom Theme Development] RE: How do remove the loc

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1197 Fecha de incorporación: 8/02/05 Mensajes recientes
thumbnail
Chirag B Suthar, modificado hace 15 años.

RE: Re: [Liferay Forums][4. Custom Theme Development] RE: How do remove the

Junior Member Mensajes: 41 Fecha de incorporación: 10/01/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi Ray,

How you can do in the language Porlet?
Also please let me know how to hide the some flag.
I know how to hide all flags using temples but according my requirement I need only 3 language.

Please help me out.

Thanks in advance.
Majed DAMMAK DAMMAK, modificado hace 15 años.

RE: Re: [Liferay Forums][4. Custom Theme Development] RE: How do remove the

New Member Mensajes: 15 Fecha de incorporación: 18/09/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi Chirag
I have the same problem, I would like to hide or drop some languages, I need only the english and the deutch language.
were you find a solution ? Can you help me ?

Best Regards

Majed
thumbnail
ITCSrikanth ITCReddy ITCSanivarapu, modificado hace 15 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 203 Fecha de incorporación: 15/11/08 Mensajes recientes
Can u please tell me the flow . means when we click on flags then what will be happening and to where the control is going and which file will handle that.

can u please reply me daaaa...

i am waiting for ur reply...

Thanks & Regards,
Srikanth Reddy.S
thumbnail
Jack A. Rider, modificado hace 15 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 139 Fecha de incorporación: 26/03/07 Mensajes recientes
Hi all,

I believe Ray's answer is the one you need, you can add or remove localizations, by over writing portal.properties with the same variable in portal-ext.properties.(see in wikis to do this)

You have some examples and cases explained in previous forum posts also, see more or less the same case here:

http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/1769460

Hope this helps.
Saludos, Jack.
Majed DAMMAK DAMMAK, modificado hace 15 años.

New Member Mensajes: 15 Fecha de incorporación: 18/09/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi all
@ Jack: thank you very much for your help, the link , you have posted in the last message, really helped me.
So, at this moment, I can choice the language number that I have needed in using the following code:

<div class="lfr-dock interactive-mode">
<div class="lang">
<a href="http://localhost:8080/web/guest/home?p_p_id=82&p_p_lifecycle=1&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&p_p_col_count=2&_82_struts_action=%2Flanguage%2Fview&languageId=en_US">English</a>

</div>

for example, if you need to add a french olanguage, you need only to add the same code and changing the "en_US" with "fr_FR" and change the value of this link.

In fact, in my case, I added the arabic language in my theme, but with this language, I encountred the following problem:

When I using the english or frensh language, the portlet style is margin with 130px in the left in order to put the navigation page (with blue color)visible in the left (find the "frensh.bmp" file attached with this message).

the following style code apply the portlet margin left.
<---
#content-wrapper {
margin : 0 0 0 130px ;
}
--->

but with arabic language, the portlet changes the position in the right side (because in arabic language we write the sentence from the right to left), but the navigation (with the blue color) becomes invisible and hidden with the portlet because the margin should be apply with 130px in margin-right (see the second files with "arbic.bmp" file).

Therefore, I thought to implement a velocity code, but I can't apply the two conditions, I didn't find a solution.

Can you help me please.
thumbnail
Jack A. Rider, modificado hace 15 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 139 Fecha de incorporación: 26/03/07 Mensajes recientes
Hola Dammak,

I dont recall ever having the need to change css depending in language selection, but I would probably consider
to use some of the utilities (languageUtil) in velocity or to insert a value in the velocity context with the actual language.

To access the utilities or to put a value in a velocity variable read:

http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Velocity+for+dummies

then
http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Calling%20a%20service%20in%20velocity

http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Custom+Velocity+Variables

Lastly I would open another thread, because the subject of this one " How do remove the localization flags so they don't sh...." will
not atract people with knowledge of this problem.

See:
http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/572822

On what to do when your original post if your question has been answered.

Saludos, Jack