Foros de discusión

BugSquad: November 2011 Update

thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado hace 12 años.

BugSquad: November 2011 Update

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1399 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Hello BugSquaders! It's been a little while since I've sent out any updates, so here are a few new items:

• We had 4 new members join last month (Dennis G, Christoph R, Binh L, and Negendra emoticon. You can find their pictures and profiles on the BugSquad homepage.
  • From now on, instead of me maintaining and bcc'ing a bunch of email addresses, we'll use the public forums for our discussions. I've created a new subcategory (which you are reading now!) and linked it from the main BugSquad page. I highly recommend that you subscribe to this subcategory if you wish to receive email notifications for posts in this category (I'm going to post this email in its entirety to the category as well).
  • Tee-shirts! As a small "thank you!" for your continued contributions and activity in our community, and so that you can proudly display your affiliation with the community, I'd like for us to collectively come up with a nice tee shirt design, and I'll ship them out to you. I'll start a separate thread on the forum and we can choose the best one (I'll also ask our design team to submit a candidate design to get the ball rolling). Juan and Szymon, I'm looking at you guys with your funny pictures emoticon
  • Liferay 6.1 Beta - we will be issuing the final Beta release (Beta-4) in the next few days, and the procedure for BugSquad will remain the same. This is a "final" beta because we will consider it as "feature complete" - not that we've added any major new features since Beta-3, but there have been a few small improvements that have gone in due to high demand. From here on out, BugSquad will concentrate on just bugs!
  • A quick snapshot of the total bugsquad issues from our dashboard: 237 total issues filed, and (37 Analyzed + 35 Open + 7 Reopened + 3 In Progress + 2 Manual Testing + 1 In Review) = 85 open bugs, but 22 of them are "umbrella" bugs, so really only 63 left. So my take is that the quality of the bug reports allowed us to resolve 74% of them in one way or another, which is a winner in my book! That's all for now. Keep up the great work and keep on the lookout for Beta-4!

James Falkner
Liferay Community Manager
http://liferay.org
thumbnail
Dennis Greiffenberg, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: BugSquad: November 2011 Update

Regular Member Mensajes: 222 Fecha de incorporación: 30/04/07 Mensajes recientes
Hi James et all,

James Falkner:
This is a "final" beta because we will consider it as "feature complete" - not that we've added any major new features since Beta-3, but there have been a few small improvements that have gone in due to high demand.

Will there be a list of this new features since Beta-3 or will it be up to us to identify these "improvements" or will it be "just" the release-notes (i.e. the list of fixed Jira-Tickets) again?
I'd really appreciate if it was some sort of "quick overview" of the new functionality in order to speed up things.

Best regards,
Dennis