Foros de discusión

Permissions for Adding portlets to page

Gowtham Mani, modificado hace 12 años.

Permissions for Adding portlets to page

Junior Member Mensajes: 56 Fecha de incorporación: 26/11/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

How to set permissions so that only certain portlets are available for certain roles. i.e, the person who is assigned that role can only add that particular portlet to the page.

So far what i ve tried is.

1. created a regular role named sample,
2. added Add to Page permissions for portlets BreadCrumb and activities portlet

I assigned this role to an user, but when i logged in as that particular user, i couldn't see add option, so i added the manage pages permission to the role as well.
but the problem is now i can add all the portlets to the pages, how to restrict to only to "BreadCrumb and activities portlet" ?

Thanks
Gowtham
thumbnail
Shagul Khajamohideen, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: Permissions for Adding portlets to page

Liferay Master Mensajes: 758 Fecha de incorporación: 27/09/07 Mensajes recientes
Gowtham Mani:
Hi,

How to set permissions so that only certain portlets are available for certain roles. i.e, the person who is assigned that role can only add that particular portlet to the page.

So far what i ve tried is.

1. created a regular role named sample,
2. added Add to Page permissions for portlets BreadCrumb and activities portlet

I assigned this role to an user, but when i logged in as that particular user, i couldn't see add option, so i added the manage pages permission to the role as well.
but the problem is now i can add all the portlets to the pages, how to restrict to only to "BreadCrumb and activities portlet" ?

Thanks
Gowtham

You may want to check the permissions on User, Power User and Guest role. Removing "Add to Page" from those roles may solve your issue.
Gowtham Mani, modificado hace 12 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 56 Fecha de incorporación: 26/11/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Even if i remove "Add to page" permission from the roles and assign to a user he/she will not be able to add or remove portlets from the page.
The thing is, i want to give permissions to users of particular role to add only certain portlets to a page and not all the portlets.

Thanks,
Gowtham
Arun R S Chandran, modificado hace 8 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 149 Fecha de incorporación: 12/03/13 Mensajes recientes
Gowtham Mani:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Even if i remove "Add to page" permission from the roles and assign to a user he/she will not be able to add or remove portlets from the page.
The thing is, i want to give permissions to users of particular role to add only certain portlets to a page and not all the portlets.

Thanks,
Gowtham

Sorry for asking a question in a very old post.

Is this issue resolved for anyone? I'm also in need of such a requirement. Can anyone please help me to resolve this? I want to give "add to page" permission to a newly created role and limit to a few portlets.
thumbnail
Meera Prince, modificado hace 8 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1111 Fecha de incorporación: 8/02/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi
Similar thread for reference..

https://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/57914376

Regards,
Meera Prince
Arun R S Chandran, modificado hace 8 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 149 Fecha de incorporación: 12/03/13 Mensajes recientes
Meera, Thank you for your response.

I've done this before coming back to the post.

I removed all the add to page permissions from the regular User Role. Also removed the Power User Role from User. Then I used my custom Site Role created for the purpose of my site requirement. I've allocated the specific Portlets addToPage permission to the custom site role.

Now it's working as I expected.

Thanks and Regards,
R S