Foros de discusión

'Sharing' threads from the Message Boards with another communtiy

Carol C, modificado hace 12 años.

'Sharing' threads from the Message Boards with another communtiy

New Member Mensajes: 12 Fecha de incorporación: 16/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi,
Let's see if someone else can help me with this use case related to Message Boards and Communities...

Say we have Community A, with its Message Board, and Community B with its own Message Board.
Would it be possible to make visible (or even copy) in the Message Board of Community 'A' a thread from community 'B'? For me it's like a way of sharing threads with different Communities

Any ideas / advice ?

Thanks emoticon
thumbnail
Sagar A Vyas, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: 'Sharing' threads from the Message Boards with another communtiy

Liferay Master Mensajes: 679 Fecha de incorporación: 17/04/09 Mensajes recientes
Carol C:
For me it's like a way of sharing threads with different Communities

Any ideas / advice ?

Thanks emoticon

HI Carol,

What i know about MB is like its sharing or open discussion through the community.

Now let say in MB you can set scope like Default scope would be Community or you can set it to page level.\

As per my knowledge you can not share threads of one community to another but of course you can set VIEW permission of Guest.

Hope this help.

Thanks,
Sagar Vyas
thumbnail
Dhrutika Parekh, modificado hace 12 años.

Expert Mensajes: 435 Fecha de incorporación: 9/02/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

For this kind of requirement where you want to share content across multiple community.
Try to create that content in 'global' scope. and you can display that message board using asset publisher.

Regards,
Dhrutika Parekh
Carol C, modificado hace 12 años.

New Member Mensajes: 12 Fecha de incorporación: 16/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Dhrutika Parekh:

Try to create that content in 'global' scope. and you can display that message board using asset publisher.

Well, the initial idea is that a community user starts a thread, and if someone finds it interesting then he can decide to "share it" with other communities. So initially the scope wouldn't be 'Global', am I right ?

Thanks,
Carol
thumbnail
Sagar A Vyas, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 679 Fecha de incorporación: 17/04/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi Dhrutika,

Can you elaborating more on this ?

Is this really possible to achieve ? If yes then How ?

Thanks,
Sagar Vyas
thumbnail
Ravi Kumar Gupta, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1302 Fecha de incorporación: 24/06/09 Mensajes recientes
There can be a workaround which I am not sure of performance or database size. The idea is to make a new row in db which associates a thread to another community's MB. That will add that thread to another MB's scope.

And there can be several ways to implement this. JSP-Hook + Model Listener hook may help. Not 100% sure as of now.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6403 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
An extremely simple option is to make the "other" threads available in a community through RSS: Just add the RSS portlet with content from the "other" message board to your pages. This will not do all of what you mention here, but might be an option to get it off the ground extremely quickly