Foros de discusión

RE: Bulk assignment of members to organisations and bulk role assignement

thumbnail
Paul Robinson, modificado hace 12 años.

Bulk assignment of members to organisations and bulk role assignement

Junior Member Mensajes: 46 Fecha de incorporación: 30/12/08 Mensajes recientes
This may be of value to the community, I found this useful today for completing approximately 3000 member and role assignment transactions. In summary, We had some 300 users that needed to be assigned to approximately 6 organisations each e.g. students assigned as members to a class. Once they were members we needed to assign them a organisation role.

Obviously there are far better ways to do this level of integration e..g IDM, LDAP etc but in our current situation this is a work in progress. We created a simple beanshell script that took a CSV list of User and Organisation and completed the task for us rather than the manual assignment. The beanshell script was executed via the normal method in Control Panel, and I guess could be extended if required for additional role assignments.

import com.liferay.portal.service.UserLocalServiceUtil;
import com.liferay.portal.service.OrganizationLocalServiceUtil;
import com.liferay.portal.service.RoleLocalServiceUtil;
import com.liferay.portal.service.UserGroupRoleLocalServiceUtil;

companyId = COMPANYID;
studentOrgRoleName = "ROLENAME";

userToGrps = new String[] { "ORGNAME,SCREENNAME","ORGNAME,SCREENNAME",};
studentOrgRole = RoleLocalServiceUtil.getRole(companyId, studentOrgRoleName);

for(int i=0; i<usertogrps.length; i++) { usertogrp="userToGrps[i];" usergrpdetail="userToGrp.split(&quot;,&quot;);" out.println("user: " + usergrpdetail[0] ", grp: usergrpdetail[1]); try user org usergrpdetail[0]); add as member to if(!userlocalserviceutil.hasorganizationuser(org.getorganizationid(), user.getuserid())) userlocalserviceutil.addorganizationusers(org.getorganizationid(), new long[] {user.getuserid()}); out.println("adding user: } role if(!usergrouprolelocalserviceutil.hasusergrouprole(user.getuserid(), org.getgroup().getgroupid(), studentorgrole.getroleid())) usergrouprolelocalserviceutil.addusergrouproles(user.getuserid(), {studentorgrole.getroleid(),}); role: +studentorgrolename+ catch(exception e) out.println(e.getmessage()); < code></usertogrps.length;>
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Thanks for the information.
Marcos Laurito, modificado hace 10 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 99 Fecha de incorporación: 18/04/13 Mensajes recientes
I'm trying to use this script but is not working.
I've got a few questions.
Where is the CSV file used? Is any modification needed to make this work??

Sorry for my english and thanks.