Foros de discusión

Red5 Integration

Tariq Dweik, modificado hace 17 años.

Red5 Integration

New Member Mensajes: 16 Fecha de incorporación: 13/02/05 Mensajes recientes
Hello all,

I'd like to suggest the integration of Red5 with Liferay. I really see an advantage in this step and by it Liferay will confirm its position as a leader in the portal arena.

I've written a project proposal, please take a look at it here.

Regards,

-T
Federico Sandretti, modificado hace 16 años.

RE: Red5 Integration

New Member Mensajes: 19 Fecha de incorporación: 9/09/05 Mensajes recientes
hi,

Now i try to use liferay with flash portlet (my flash portlet) that use Red5 streming server, but red5 is on other machine.

Bye
thumbnail
JOseph George, modificado hace 14 años.

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 22/05/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi Federi

tha't s great. I was searching for the same. Can you please share some details based on your successful integration.

thanks and regards
Joseph
Gabriel Venegas, modificado hace 13 años.

New Member Mensajes: 20 Fecha de incorporación: 29/11/10 Mensajes recientes
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to use red5 and liferay to create a portlet for video conferencing, but I'm a newbie to both Liferay and red5. I saw that the project is not completed. Can you give me some feedback on how are you doing with this integration?

Thanks in advance for any help you might give me.
Edouard DUCRAY, modificado hace 13 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 25 Fecha de incorporación: 4/12/10 Mensajes recientes
using openmeetings in a other server and iframing it in a liferay page would be enough ?
thumbnail
Florencia Hernández, modificado hace 11 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 146 Fecha de incorporación: 27/03/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi!

At Rotterdam CS we've developed a video chat portlet.

Here you have the link to the article: http://www.rotterdam-cs.com/tools/-/asset_publisher/piIpOr8rXNan/content/video-chat-portlet

Here is the war: http://lplugins.download.rotterdam-cs.com/rcs-VideoChat-portlet-6.1.0.1.war

And the documentation: http://lplugins.download.rotterdam-cs.com/rcs-VideoChat-users-guide-6.1.0.1.pdf

Any feedback is appreaciated.

Cheers.
Edouard DUCRAY, modificado hace 11 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 25 Fecha de incorporación: 4/12/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

I finally choosed another way to do it.
I've made a very minimal portlet in php that use SOAP method of openmeetings for logging the user in, then this script create an Iframe containing only the swf from my openmeeting server with results of SOAP calls as parameters.

There a small difference with my first idea, the way I've made it, users can't log in the openmeeting without going threw the portlet.

If someone is interested in this script I will release it for community in GPLv3.

Sincerely,

Edouard
thumbnail
Vilmos Papp, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 529 Fecha de incorporación: 21/10/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

What would be the point of that integration? I guess it wouldn't be a widely used feature and maybe useless, as if you have a video player e.g.: a flash based one which is supports RTMP and streaming video playback and could work with Red5 you can build a portlet in Plugin SDK where you can embed your own player, or you can embed it directly into an article, or template if you like. It's much more easy than integrate a full third party product into the portal.

If you want to do that, check the flash portlet and you will see how can you make it.

Regards,
Vilmos