Foros de discusión

Calendar Portlet Scope

Hiran Chaudhuri, modificado hace 12 años.

Calendar Portlet Scope

Regular Member Mensajes: 188 Fecha de incorporación: 1/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Hello all.

http://www.liferay.com/de/documentation/liferay-portal/6.0/administration/-/ai/calend-3
states this:
In a similar way to the Blogs portlet, you can use the Calendar portlet as a shared calendar on a community or organization's web site, or you can use the Calendar portlet as a personal calendar—or both.

Does that mean the calendar shows events depending on the page it is used on?
Or how else can you define which group of events will be displayed?
Michael Harper, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: Calendar Portlet Scope

Junior Member Mensajes: 56 Fecha de incorporación: 10/08/11 Mensajes recientes
Basically, the calendar is linked to the community or page that it is linked to.

So if you have 'Home' page that everyone on your liferay has access to and you put a calendar portlet on that page, everyone can access that calendar to add events and such depending on your permissions assigned.

If you put a calendar on a users private page, then it's only usable by that person and nobody else. You can also do something similar with a persons public page. If they have a calendar on their public page, you can have it set up where the user can edit the calendar, but everyone else can only view it. Something like that works really well for offices that have multiple users going on vacations and personal days and such. You can put a calendar on the communitys public page, and make it only viewable except by the owner of the community and display everyones vacations or important meetings so that everyone has a central place to watch for the different events.

Sorry if that was a little long winded, but I actually got my morning coffee today, emoticon

~ Mike
Hiran Chaudhuri, modificado hace 12 años.

Hello, Mike.
Thank you for the explanation. So the calendar works based on where I put it.

Now I'm interested whether it is possible to create a mixed view. For example, on my company Outlook I setup all my appointments. Some of them are for me only while some of them involve work mates or my boss. They could be setup in an organization and we create all the shared events there, but I still would like a personal calendar to aggregate all 'my' appointments, regardless of whether they are shared or not.

Is something like this possible with Liferay calendars?
Christian Perez, modificado hace 10 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 36 Fecha de incorporación: 1/07/13 Mensajes recientes
Hey I'm looking for the same do you have some demo or something like that??
thank you.
--Chris--
Hiran Chaudhuri, modificado hace 9 años.

Hiran Chaudhuri:
Now I'm interested whether it is possible to create a mixed view. For example, on my company Outlook I setup all my appointments. Some of them are for me only while some of them involve work mates or my boss. They could be setup in an organization and we create all the shared events there, but I still would like a personal calendar to aggregate all 'my' appointments, regardless of whether they are shared or not.

Is something like this possible with Liferay calendars?

It seems like the calendar portlet in Liferay 6.2 can do exactly that.