Foros de discusión

Current URL ... generates exception: null

Hiran Chaudhuri, modificado hace 12 años.

Current URL ... generates exception: null

Regular Member Mensajes: 188 Fecha de incorporación: 1/09/10 Mensajes recientes
From time to time I see such messages in my logfiles:
server.log:2011-08-22 14:10:37,723 32435379 INFO [com.liferay.portal.util.PortalImpl] (ajp-0.0.0.0-8009-20emoticon Current URL /farmdescriptor generates exception: null
The URL itself varies, and it seems like totally independent installations of both Liferay 6.0.5 and 6.0.6 show this behaviour.

Users report it happens in various places, so I cannot make out a pattern.

Now where does this error come from, and how do you get it fixed?
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: Current URL ... generates exception: null

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Do you have Apache in front of your Liferay. Which application server are you using?

If it's not always happening and doesn't have any pattern to occurrence, we're more at
a loss than you are because we can't see what's happening.

Have you checked logs on your other servers to find if there is any events when the
errors are occurring?

Hitoshi Ozawa:
Do you have Apache in front of your Liferay. Which application server are you using?

If it's not always happening and doesn't have any pattern to occurrence, we're more at
a loss than you are because we can't see what's happening.

Have you checked logs on your other servers to find if there is any events when the
errors are occurring?

Hello, Hitoshi.

In one installation I have Apache in front of Liferay 6.0.5, in another I have just a firewall with port forwarding in front of a Liferay 6.0.6. Both installations are actually the Liferay JBoss bundles. Both logfiles do not really show what is going on - or at least I do not know what I could relate.

My theory so far is: The code indicating the exception does not show the stack trace, therefore it could be anywhere in Liferay. Maybe I will try to build Liferay from source myself and modify the class that reports the event.
However as the browser shows this null value in its URL, most probably something else went wrong and sent out that malicious redirect, which then has to fail as behind that "null" URL nothing can be found. Now if I could track back from where the user was coming or what was the last action I might probably get closer to the cause.

Meanwhile a user reported to me that it is not just random. He can repeat the procedure and gets the wrong result reliably.
It is whenever he tries to use the "Post new Thread" button within an open message board thread and then wants to publish the new post. Interestingly this operation works fine when I try it with my user account, and it also works if I try it while impersonating that user. Is there a chance it is not only connected to the user but also to the fact he is coming from the official port (not the forwarded one)?
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Well, I have Apache + mod_jk + JBoss/Liferay + MySQL setup and not having any problem so it may be your configuration. However, network, Apache,
JBoss configurations are something beyond topics in Liferay forums.

If your user is repeatly getting it, it may be the web browser version/revision. Try testing with the web browser the user who is getting the problem is using.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: Current URL ... generates exception: null (Respuesta)

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 3089 Fecha de incorporación: 28/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Hiran Chaudhuri:
From time to time I see such messages in my logfiles:
server.log:2011-08-22 14:10:37,723 32435379 INFO [com.liferay.portal.util.PortalImpl] (ajp-0.0.0.0-8009-20emoticon Current URL /farmdescriptor generates exception: null
The URL itself varies, and it seems like totally independent installations of both Liferay 6.0.5 and 6.0.6 show this behaviour.

Users report it happens in various places, so I cannot make out a pattern.

Now where does this error come from, and how do you get it fixed?

I remember this problem is related to Liferay load balancer configuration.

Please search for web.server.* and redirect.url.* properties and configure them properly.

Juan Gonzalez P:
I remember this problem is related to Liferay load balancer configuration.

Please search for web.server.* and redirect.url.* properties and configure them properly.

Thank you for that suggestion, Juan. I checked those properties which were not yet set.

With proper values, the site behaves a bit different. Now I have to check with users if it helped.

Users report the strange behaviour is gone. Thanks again! :-)
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 3089 Fecha de incorporación: 28/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Hiran Chaudhuri:
Users report the strange behaviour is gone. Thanks again! :-)

Glad it worked! emoticon
Sanket Gosavi, modificado hace 12 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 35 Fecha de incorporación: 24/12/11 Mensajes recientes
will u plzzz elaborate m having same problem...........
thumbnail
Kiran Yalavali, modificado hace 8 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 175 Fecha de incorporación: 15/10/14 Mensajes recientes
Hi Hiran,

I'm getting the same problem how to resolve this issue if you know please send me that code,

Please help me.

Thanks,
kiran.
Mudasar Kalwar, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 23 Fecha de incorporación: 13/09/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi , every one I just successfully migrated from liferay 5.2.3 to liferay 6.0.6 , but there is a one issue I can't login with any user like I had created admin in liferay 5 and it exists but it can't login. any suggestions ?
here is the error trace:
12:44:57,803 INFO [PortalImpl:3829] Current URL /image/image_gallery?uuid=f718eebc-a933-429a-bfb5-44c89af3a037&groupid=14&t=1325834593850 generates exception: No default image exists for 0
12:45:13,022 INFO [PortalImpl:3829] Current URL /image/image_gallery?uuid=f718eebc-a933-429a-bfb5-44c89af3a037&groupid=14&t=1325834593850 generates exception: No default image exists for 0
12:46:07,336 INFO [PortalImpl:3829] Current URL /image/image_gallery?uuid=f718eebc-a933-429a-bfb5-44c89af3a037&groupid=14&t=1325834593850 generates exception: No default image exists for 0
12:46:42,048 INFO [PortalImpl:3829] Current URL /web/control_panel?doAsGroupId=14&refererPlid=24304 generates exception: {groupId=10116,privateLayout=false} does not have any layouts
12:46:42,048 INFO [PortalImpl:3841] {groupId=10116,privateLayout=false} does not have any layouts
12:46:56,726 INFO [PortalImpl:3829] Current URL /web/guest/control_panel?doAsGroupId=14&refererPlid=24304 generates exception: null
12:46:56,727 INFO [PortalImpl:3841]
12:47:05,687 INFO [PortalImpl:3829] Current URL /group/17/control_panel?doAsGroupId=14&refererPlid=24304 generates exception: null
12:47:05,688 INFO [PortalImpl:3841]
12:48:50,585 INFO [PortalImpl:3829] Current URL /image/image_gallery?uuid=f718eebc-a933-429a-bfb5-44c89af3a037&groupid=14&t=1325834593850 generates exception: No default image exists for 0

when I add the password it shows error like "You have entered invalid data. Please try again ." and "Authentication failed. Please try again. "

Thanks
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P, modificado hace 11 años.

Perhaps a problem with your indexes, database, or Liferay Files. Double check that you set up properly your portal-ext.properties pointing to the right paths.

Juan Gonzalez P:
Perhaps a problem with your indexes, database, or Liferay Files. Double check that you set up properly your portal-ext.properties pointing to the right paths.

Thanks for the reply Juan , I have checked my portal-ext.properties file it has nothing just the info to the database and database is connecting. and I used the default database come with the liferay 6.0.6 but that doesn't work too. emoticon and unable to login.

Thanks
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P, modificado hace 11 años.

Can you see what users are in Liferay tables? Seems something went wrong with your upgrade and/or your data didn't upgraded propery. Perhaps you should repeat the process and see in logs if anything was wrong...

Juan Gonzalez P:
Can you see what users are in Liferay tables? Seems something went wrong with your upgrade and/or your data didn't upgraded propery. Perhaps you should repeat the process and see in logs if anything was wrong...

Thanks for the reply Juan, I have checked the users in the database, but there is something else that causing error, let me debug it, and find out the root cause.

Thanks

There were encryption problem.
thumbnail
Namit Srivastava, modificado hace 7 años.

New Member Mensajes: 3 Fecha de incorporación: 7/11/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi All,

I have upgraded an environment from 6.0 to 6.1 but after that its showing me a blank control panel. Below are the exceptions I am getting:
07:54:57,594 ERROR [http-bio-8080-exec-4][IncludeTag:167] Current URL /group/control_panel?doAsGroupId=10226&refererPlid=10229 generates exception: An exception occurred processing JSP page /html/portlet/control_panel_menu/view.jsp at line 168____165:
com.liferay.portal.NoSuchOrganizationException: No Organization exists with the primary key 83919
        at com.liferay.portal.service.persistence.OrganizationPersistenceImpl.findByPrimaryKey(OrganizationPersistenceImpl.java:587)
        at com.liferay.portal.security.lang.DoPrivilegedHandler.doInvoke(DoPrivilegedHandler.java:88)
        at com.liferay.portal.security.lang.DoPrivilegedHandler.invoke(DoPrivilegedHandler.java:56)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.GroupLocalServiceImpl.getGroupDescriptiveName(GroupLocalServiceImpl.java:1029)
        at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ServiceBeanMethodInvocation.proceed(ServiceBeanMethodInvocation.java:117)
        at com.liferay.portal.spring.transaction.DefaultTransactionExecutor.execute(DefaultTransactionExecutor.java:62)
        at com.liferay.portal.spring.transaction.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:52)
        at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ServiceBeanMethodInvocation.proceed(ServiceBeanMethodInvocation.java:113)
        at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ChainableMethodAdvice.invoke(ChainableMethodAdvice.java:56)
        at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ServiceBeanMethodInvocation.proceed(ServiceBeanMethodInvocation.java:113)
        at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ChainableMethodAdvice.invoke(ChainableMethodAdvice.java:56)
        at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ServiceBeanAopProxy.invoke(ServiceBeanAopProxy.java:218)
        at com.liferay.portal.security.pacl.PACLInvocationHandler.doInvoke(PACLInvocationHandler.java:62)
        at com.liferay.portal.security.pacl.PACLInvocationHandler.invoke(PACLInvocationHandler.java:51)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.GroupLocalServiceUtil.getGroupDescriptiveName(GroupLocalServiceUtil.java:1184)

Any inputs would be highly appreciated.

Thanks