Liferay Portal EE Trial Forums

Got an EE Trial and have a question? Use this forum to get help with your Liferay EE Trial and learn from the experts.

Foren

Home » Getting Started

Kombinierte Ansicht Flache Ansicht Baumansicht
Threads [ Zurück | Nächste ]
toggle
Kamal Kumar
Drag and drop file upload not working for some extension types
7. Mai 2014 13:30
Antwort

Kamal Kumar

Rang: Youngling

Nachrichten: 2

Eintrittsdatum: 30. April 2014

Neue Beiträge

I have set the allowed extension types setting to * to allow any file. When I try to upload a file with .smi using basic document upload in document and media library, it works as expected and uploads the file. However, when I try to upload the same .smi file using drag and drop, it doesn't work. I get an error saying (see attached image too):

"Please enter a file with a valid file type."

Drag and drop work just fine for well known file types such as .docx.

Is this a bug or is there some other setting to allow drag and drop upload of all file types?
Anhang

Anhänge: Clipboard02.png (7,7k)
James Falkner
RE: Drag and drop file upload not working for some extension types
8. Mai 2014 15:14
Antwort

James Falkner

Eintrittsdatum: 17. September 2010

Neue Beiträge

Kamal Kumar:
I have set the allowed extension types setting to * to allow any file. When I try to upload a file with .smi using basic document upload in document and media library, it works as expected and uploads the file. However, when I try to upload the same .smi file using drag and drop, it doesn't work. I get an error saying (see attached image too):

Is this a bug or is there some other setting to allow drag and drop upload of all file types?

Is this on windows? It kinda sounds like this bug but not quite.
Kamal Kumar
RE: Drag and drop file upload not working for some extension types
9. Mai 2014 10:39
Antwort

Kamal Kumar

Eintrittsdatum: 30. April 2014

Neue Beiträge

James Falkner:
Kamal Kumar:

Is this on windows? It kinda sounds like this bug but not quite.

Yes, this is on Windows 8.1.