Manage Page Improvements
If there is a feature on this list that is important to you, please leave a comment stating so OR vote (thumbs up) for someone else's comment. The more votes a given feature has, the more likely it is to be included.
If you think something is missing please feel free to add it in accordance with the guildelines on the front page.
Community Posts are referenced here... Please put comments/voting on this page...
For the use as a WCMs the Manage Pages - Portlet needs an overhaul to fit more complex requirements as described in this thread.
- Changing the display order should be limited to specific roles
- Restrict editing-/ deleting-action of pages for specific roles (e.g. limit a power user to not be able to edit the first 3 pages of his public pages)
- Restrict Layout/ Add Child Pages/ Look&Feel/ Import-Export for a specific role
- Create a right (role?) so that a user can only add new portlets but can't remove pre-defined portlets
- Create a right that a user can't modify a page completely (e.g. can't remove, add, change position, configuration of a portlet)
- build the FriendlyURLs hierarchical so that the URL represents the site structure (e.g. page "subpage1" under "menu1" would get a FriendlyURL of /menu1/subpage1)
- FriendlyURLs should be multi-lingual (mapping of a name to the internal layout id)
- mulit-lingual FriendlyURLs should be easily indexable for search-robots
- Pick the point at which "Merge Pages" merges in the public pages
- Extend the "URL" page concept to include links to another community, group or org.
All these proposals should be inherited dynamically so e.g if a power user has only rights to edit/ change pages in the second navigation layer (e.g. only modify pages under menu1 but not the parent page) this rights should be inherited to all newly created child pages as well.