BugSquad - Liferay Portal 6.2 CE Milestone 2 Testing
Liferay has released the second milestone build of the next version of Liferay. This comes close on the heels of the Milestone 1 build and bugsquad is going to do a round of feature testing with these two milestones, and review 4 of the new features as outlined in the BugSquad - Liferay Portal 6.2 CE Milestone 1 Testing page.
NOTE: You should use the same review documents as Milestone 1, except for the new download links below! Please denote in your report if you are using Milestone 2.
Relationship to Milestone 1 #
Milestone 2 only includes a small set of changes and targets the following goals:
- Include the New Calendar plugin for testing (this was omitted in M1)
- Continue to refine the Liferay Portal and Liferay Apps (plugins) release process, to increase reliability and quality of each build.
The approximate (by date) set of tickets that were resolved between M1 and M2 can be seen here.
To obtain the M2 build, download one or more bundles:
- Liferay Portal M2 Tomcat Bundle
- Liferay Portal M2 GlassFish Bundle
- Liferay Portal M2 Source Code
- Liferay Portal M2 JavaDoc and other Reference Docs
- Other Files (Includes other app server builds like JOnAS or Resin, standalone WAR files, dependency JARs, etc)
Where are the plugins? #
This milestone includes the new Calendar plugin already deployed, so that it will be available when you start Liferay for the first time. Other plugins are not generated for this Milestone as they are not required to be tested at this time. If you wish to check them out, you can grab the source code of the liferay-plugins repo from this github tag (Git commit ID 47044d8e9d1ae4faf3af5fc255953e96dd65e383 and compile and deploy them, however this has not been rigorously tested in M2 and may not work.
The Process #
Since this is a very small incremental release over the M1 build, the process is identical to M1 (the same feature set will be tested). Use the above download links to download your preferred bundle, and follow the same guides that were used for M1 (see BugSquad - Liferay Portal 6.2 CE Milestone 1 Testing ). Ensure that you denote in your report that you are testing against M2 (and also Java 7 if you are using that -- see below).
When are these Due? #
Please strive to complete your review within the next 4 weeks - which means completed by December 20th 2012. This will give Liferay developers enough time to review, understand, and act on any changes that the BugSquad team identifies.
Java 7 Testing #
If possible, please test using a Java 7 environment. Currently, only Tomcat and GlassFish have been tested and are known to work with Liferay when using Java 7. If you are using one of these two app servers, and are able to use Java 7 (either Oracle Java 7 or OpenJDK 7)
If you find issues you believe are related to Java 7, ensure that you note this on your review form.
Known Issues #
- Note that if you intend to test the new Calendar, LPS-30798 will prevent it from working if you use the default HSQL database. You must use MySQL for this Milestone if you wish to fully test Calendar.