Foren

Image Gallery - Clusters

Camillo Toro, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Image Gallery - Clusters

New Member Beiträge: 3 Beitrittsdatum: 04.02.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi guys,

Any ideas on how to configure ImageGallery with file system hook in clusters environment? I found docs describing procedures concerning DocumentLibrary with JCR. In that case a specific configuration for DocumentLibrary is required...I'm wondering if the same configuration is required for ImageGallery storing images into the file system. Apparently in the portal.properties there isn't any property similar to jcr.node.documentlibrary=documentlibrary
for ImageGallery but maybe it is not necessary to use JCR. Which is the best configuration valid for both ImageGallery and DocumentLibrary in clusters env?
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

RE: Image Gallery - Clusters

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2034 Beitrittsdatum: 05.03.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hmm.... Anyone know about clustering??? *BUMP*
Bas van der Linden, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 8 Beitrittsdatum: 15.10.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hey there.

I'm currently working on the same issue - silly enough I thought that if I told the documentlibrary to use Jackrabbit for storage, this would mean that all objects would be written to Jackrabbit. Unfortunately, that's not the case, take the Image Gallery for an example.

Anyway, the setting you probably want to play with in portal-ext.properties is this one:
image.hook.impl=com.liferay.portal.image.DLHook

Then use JCR for dl.hook.impl.

Cheers,
Bas
thumbnail
Jeroen Braan, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 11 Beitrittsdatum: 26.11.09 Neueste Beiträge
I've worked this out for MS SQL Server.

I put this in portal-ext.properties:

dl.hook.impl=com.liferay.documentlibrary.util.JCRHook
image.hook.impl=com.liferay.portal.image.DLHook

In your data folder there is (or should be) a jackrabbit folder with a repository.xml file, it contains examples for using MySQL. Comment out the regular parts and uncomment the MySQL parts. I didn't uncomment the 'Cluster Configuration' part since I didn't need that.

You can find a lot about Jackrabbit configuration on the web, but these steps are important for using MS SQL Server as a DB storage:
- FileSystem class should be org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.MSSqlFileSystem
- PersistenceManager class should be org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.MSSqlPersistenceManager
- driver should be either net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver or com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver (you will need to add the MS Jdbc jar file to Liferay for the last driver)
- url, user and password are regular variables for connecting to a database
- schema should be "mssql" (for MS SQL Server), this is the database type and the name 'schema' is a bit misleading I think

Hope this helps.

Jeroen
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 3089 Beitrittsdatum: 28.10.08 Neueste Beiträge
I've read somewhere that AdvancedFileSystem is ok in SAN environments.