Foren

authenticate user without displaying login.jsp during CreateAccount

thumbnail
Elijah Mangason, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

authenticate user without displaying login.jsp during CreateAccount

Junior Member Beiträge: 65 Beitrittsdatum: 14.05.12 Neueste Beiträge
In the CreateAccount workflow, our requirement is to automatically log the user in withouth displaying login.jsp. The idea is to move from the first page (create_account.jsp) which collects screenName, firstName, emailAddress, etc., directly to the Terms of Use page (update_terms_of_use.jsp), then on to new_password, etc. Is there a way to go directly to the action phase of login.jsp? Would ActionURL work? Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
thumbnail
Apoorva Prakash, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: authenticate user without displaying login.jsp during CreateAccount

Liferay Master Beiträge: 658 Beitrittsdatum: 15.06.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Elijah,

You have to create a hook for terms_of_use.jsp with the help of login.jsp or you may do the reverse - get the terms_of_use,jsp content in login.jsp.

Hope this will help.
Thanks and Regards,
Apoorva Prakash
thumbnail

Thanks, Apoorva, for your response. I already developed a hook to customize other parts of the CreateAccount process. It's just that the requirement now is to have the user automatically authenticated, bypassing login.jsp completely. Is there a way to execute LoginAction without displaying login.jsp? Would this be accomplished through what you have suggested, i.e. putting the content of terms_of_use.jsp in login.jsp? If so, how? Thanks in advance for any thoughts or advice.
thumbnail
jelmer kuperus, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1191 Beitrittsdatum: 10.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
If you pass along a redirect parameter when registering the user, then the user will automatically be logged in after registeration
thumbnail

Thanks so much for your response, I'm really new to Liferay - could you kindly give some of the details? Specifically, what constitutes "registering" the user? Also, where does the redirect parameter go - jsp or action file - and what is the content of the redirect? Thanks for whatever info you care to pass along, it is much appreciated, and code snippets would be great!
salah eddine, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 3 Beitrittsdatum: 15.06.12 Neueste Beiträge
Elijah Mangason:
Thanks so much for your response, I'm really new to Liferay - could you kindly give some of the details? Specifically, what constitutes "registering" the user? Also, where does the redirect parameter go - jsp or action file - and what is the content of the redirect? Thanks for whatever info you care to pass along, it is much appreciated, and code snippets would be great!

Hi, friend did you get a solution for your problem????
thumbnail

I put the problem aside for a short time while I work on something else. Do you have a solution?
salah eddine, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 3 Beitrittsdatum: 15.06.12 Neueste Beiträge
me too