Foren

Time Zone being overwritten

thumbnail
Drew Blessing, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Time Zone being overwritten

Junior Member Beiträge: 78 Beitrittsdatum: 27.01.11 Neueste Beiträge
I have our Liferay portal-wide time zone set to 'America/Chicago' and that seems to be fine. However, user's time zone preferences keep getting overwritten back to UTC. I believe the LDAP import is doing this, but I'm not sure why. I have only set the basic attributes to be mapped. We don't have things like time zone stored in our directory, nor do we really have a need or desire to do so. Can anyone shed some light on this? The same thing is happening with other profile fields such as Social Networking settings, etc. Very annoying for sure. Thanks!
thumbnail
Brett Lewinski, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: Time Zone being overwritten

Junior Member Beiträge: 54 Beitrittsdatum: 04.05.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hey Drew -

We are experiencing a similar issue on one of our servers, we have the default time zone set to Eastern for the server default and when users go in and modify their personal time zones it is not persisting. The time zone the user changed to is in effect for the current session but when the user logs out and comes back, their personal timezone is reverted to the server default (Eastern). Just wondering if you ever solved this or could provide any pointers.

Thanks in Advance!
Brett
thumbnail
Drew Blessing, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Hi Brett,

In Liferay 6.0, all internal account attributes were overwritten by the LDAP import, even if the attributes were not present in LDAP. In Liferay 6.1 they have fixed this by allowing users to specify certain Liferay account attributes to be ignored on LDAP import. As far as I know there is nothing you can do in Liferay 6.0 to fix this. I hope this helps!

See reference here for an example: https://github.com/liferay/liferay-portal/blob/master/portal-impl/src/portal.properties#L2870
thumbnail

Drew -

Thanks for the quick reply. One thing that has us stumped is we do have it working correctly on our staging server, it is just not working in production. These 2 servers are setup exactly the same. So something isn't right somewhere...

On a possible related note the Default Landing Page setting is not working on our production server but it is working on the staging server.

Thanks
Brett
thumbnail
Drew Blessing, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Is your testing server also importing from LDAP?

If you're setting these properties via portal-ext.properties make sure the setting hasn't previously been set via the GUI. You can check the portal preferences table in the database to see. If there is a value pertaining to the default landing page in the DB it will take precedence over the properties file. That's a shot in the dark, but it may be worth checking into.
thumbnail

Drew -

Yest both servers (Staging and Production) are importing from LDAP, on Staging user changes are sticking but on Production they aren't. If importing users from LDAP doesn't allow for user time zone changes to stick something isn't right. Do you know if there is a difference if the users are imported form LDAP at server start or at user login. There could be a chance the Staging server import was done at user login if user accounts did not exist. In Production we know the import was done at server start. This is a pretty big issue that were trying to get to the bottom of.

As for the default landing, i am pretty sure both the db and the props file point to the same place but I will double check. I am just curious if these two might be related somehow.

Thanks for the info, it is much appreciated!

Brett