Foren

Single Sign on in Liferay DXP with more than one IDP

thumbnail
Shahbaz Khan, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

Single Sign on in Liferay DXP with more than one IDP

Junior Member Beiträge: 40 Beitrittsdatum: 18.11.14 Neueste Beiträge
Hi
I am working on the project in which i need to do single sign on with two different idp.

Is it possible in Liferay(as a Service Provider) to use two idp at same time.
thumbnail
ANKIT SRIVASTAVA, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

RE: Single Sign on in Liferay DXP with more than one IDP

Junior Member Beiträge: 76 Beitrittsdatum: 02.02.11 Neueste Beiträge
Feature Request: https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-35509

But seems unresolved till now.

Thanks,
Ankit
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 6403 Beitrittsdatum: 23.09.08 Neueste Beiträge
Shahbaz Khan:
I am working on the project in which i need to do single sign on with two different idp.

I'm really curious about the real-world usecase for this. Would you (or someone) mind giving some background?

I'm serious - whenever I'm seeing this requirement, I'm wondering about the mismatch between Single Sign On and Multiple systems covering it. Maybe, one day, I'll understand, but I actually need help before I can... The comments in LPS-35509 state some technical setup, but I'm wondering about the underlying business case. What good is Single Sign On, if I first have to identify where to actually sign on to? Or am I missing the obvious?
thumbnail
Shahbaz Khan, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 40 Beitrittsdatum: 18.11.14 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Olaf

As in our project we have two different types of users like External and Internal. For each set of users we have different systems.

External users are available in System A(IDP 1) and Internal users are available in System B(IDP 2). Now i need to implement SSO for both of these users. How can i implement this ?