Foren

Liferay 7 GA5 doesnt works properly on Chrome 62

Enoch Root, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

Liferay 7 GA5 doesnt works properly on Chrome 62

New Member Beiträge: 17 Beitrittsdatum: 30.10.17 Neueste Beiträge
Dear colleagues,

I got another liferay problem, while using Google Chrome 62.0.3202.75 on Win10 64x.

The issue is in fact that the liferay administration ui on 8080 (e.g. using delivered default user test) is buggy.

While working a couple hours with it, I have noticed mainly 2 issue:

- scrolling doesnt works properly quite often, the scrolling bar doesnt appears within admin ui's (e.g. control panel -> configuration -> server administration). The scrolling bar is only coming, if Im switching my Chrome window between max and narrowed window size, after that the page shows me the scroll bar and Im able to scroll down

- some of the context menus (e.g. three dots within navigation on the left panel in the admin mode) dont work at all, by clicking on those nothing happens. This happens erratic and can be fixed (not sure about that, will check it in detail if appears again) by a browser refresh

I dont think its a product error, cant imagine somebody publishes a release containing such serious problems without have tested such basic stuff. So Im strongly assuming its a layer 8 problem, but cant figure on my own what Im doing wrong. The only idea I had: is liferay known to have compatibility issues with any browser plugins? Im running ABP, click&clean, a cors plugin Allow-Control-Allow-Origin and a JMeter plugin from Blazemeter, that is it. Any hints? Thank you very much,

best regards

RE: Liferay 7 GA5 doesnt works properly on Chrome 62

Enoch Root:

- some of the context menus (e.g. three dots within navigation on the left panel in the admin mode) dont work at all, by clicking on those nothing happens. This happens erratic and can be fixed (not sure about that, will check it in detail if appears again) by a browser refresh

to come back on this, because its just there: browser refresh doesnt help, a new session indeed. I checked the js console while problem occured: nothing

cheers

Dear liferay team,

any news on this? As I noticed talking with my internal project colleagues, this isnt a fate of an individual, they are facing same problems. Probably since upgrade to GA5, this is extremly annoying.

Indeed, we have to distinguish between the reasons the both problems I have mentioned. This:

ome of the context menus (e.g. three dots within navigation on the left panel in the admin mode) dont work at all, by clicking on those nothing happens. This happens erratic and can be fixed (not sure about that, will check it in detail if appears again) by a browser refresh

happens obviously only on sites containing angular tags. Probably liferay isnt "smart" enough to interpret the preview correctly.

cheers

Just to let you know Im not suffering on optical illusions ;) Im attaching two screenshots, before (initial site call) and after browser refresh: