Foren

portlet name is not showing in add list

thumbnail
Akash Jaisawal, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

portlet name is not showing in add list

Regular Member Beiträge: 141 Beitrittsdatum: 03.03.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

Yesterday i have created two portlets in two different portlet-projects and now i am facing the issue is after deployment other portlets available in the portlet projects are now showing in the "Add Portlet" List.

What could be the possible issue?

Regards
Akash K Jaiswal
thumbnail
Cody Hoag, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

RE: portlet name is not showing in add list

Junior Member Beiträge: 70 Beitrittsdatum: 26.04.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Akash,

Are you deploying to Liferay 7/DXP? If so, you can use the Gogo Shell to confirm they are successfully activated. If you're deploying to Liferay 6.2 or earlier, you'll need to go a different route to discover the problem. In your Portal logs, does it say it was successfully deployed?

Can you provide more details?
thumbnail

Cody Hoag:
Hi Akash,

Are you deploying to Liferay 7/DXP? If so, you can use the Gogo Shell to confirm they are successfully activated. If you're deploying to Liferay 6.2 or earlier, you'll need to go a different route to discover the problem. In your Portal logs, does it say it was successfully deployed?

Can you provide more details?

Hi Cody,

No, I am using Liferay 6.2 EE SP5
thumbnail
Cody Hoag, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 70 Beitrittsdatum: 26.04.12 Neueste Beiträge
The portlet names not displaying in the Add list could be caused by many things.

Can you repost your question on our Development forum thread and attach one of your portlets to the post? I think someone testing your portlet would be the quickest way to get to the bottom of this.
thumbnail

Cody Hoag:
The portlet names not displaying in the Add list could be caused by many things.

Can you repost your question on our Development forum thread and attach one of your portlets to the post? I think someone testing your portlet would be the quickest way to get to the bottom of this.

Thank you for the reply Cody

I have figured it out that I have made some mistake in liferay-display.xml file and listed down all the portlets available in portlet project with multiple 'category' tags.

Whereon all the 'portlet-id' should come under one 'category' tag.

Regards
Akash K Jaiswal