Foren

auth.public.path IGNORED

Gianx Sax, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

auth.public.path IGNORED

New Member Beiträge: 5 Beitrittsdatum: 08.06.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hi to all!!!
I'm here with another question. I setted in my portal-ext.properties these two lines:

auth.public.path.55=/blogs/find_entry
auth.public.path.56=/blogs/rss

because I need to have rss feeds accessed by guests. I tried also other paths. Social Office seems to ignore these directives so guests can't access these paths.
And yes, I restarded my server many times emoticon

please help
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: auth.public.path IGNORED

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1519 Beitrittsdatum: 07.08.06 Neueste Beiträge
The property name is wrong. It's auth.public.paths and it takes a comma separated list of paths. If you are modifying the property in portal-ext.properties remember to include also the paths that are listed in portal.properties.
Gianx Sax, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 5 Beitrittsdatum: 08.06.11 Neueste Beiträge
Thanks for the correction on the property name. However I need more details. You kindly told me:
If you are modifying the property in portal-ext.properties remember to include also the paths that are listed in portal.properties.

But I can't find the right portal.properties file. I mean, I have this list of portal.properties files:

C:\Liferay\Social Office 1.5b\tomcat-6.0.18\webapps\so-portlet\WEB-INF\classes\portal.properties
C:\Liferay\Social Office 1.5b\tomcat-6.0.18\webapps\contacts-portlet\WEB-INF\classes\portal.properties
C:\Liferay\Social Office 1.5b\tomcat-6.0.18\webapps\contacts-portlet\WEB-INF\src\portal.properties
C:\Liferay\Social Office 1.5b\tomcat-6.0.18\webapps\so-portlet\WEB-INF\src\portal.properties

But as I can see all these portal.properties files refer only to portlets and not to the entire portal. The only file that i think refers to the entire portal is:

C:\Liferay\Social Office 1.5b\tomcat-6.0.18\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes\portal-ext.properties

I addition I have 4 other files:

C:\Liferay\Social Office 1.5b\tomcat-6.0.18\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes\portal-developer.properties
C:\Liferay\Social Office 1.5b\tomcat-6.0.18\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes\portal-legacy-4.4.properties
C:\Liferay\Social Office 1.5b\tomcat-6.0.18\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes\portal-legacy-5.0.properties
C:\Liferay\Social Office 1.5b\tomcat-6.0.18\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes\portal-legacy-5.1.properties

So, which file I have to use? I have to include the content of one of these files into portal-ext.properties? Could it be that I have to consider portal.properties only in Liferay Portal?

A last question. I have created a site into my Social Office installation and I called it SPD. So, if I want to use auth.public.paths to make public the feed of the blog (of the site called SPD) I have to insert:

auth.public.paths=/blogs/rss

or

auth.public.paths=/-/blogs/rss

or

auth.public.paths=/blog/-/blogs/rss

or

auth.public.paths=/spd/blog/-/blogs/rss

or

auth.public.paths=/web/spd/blog/-/blogs/rss

Thanks again for your help ... you're saving me emoticon
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1519 Beitrittsdatum: 07.08.06 Neueste Beiträge
portal.properties is inside ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/portal-impl.jar. Just open it with any zip tool or
jar xvf portal-impl.jar portal.properties

The path is a struts path so anything after /c such as /c/blogs/rss. With that path you would add it like this:
auth.public.paths=/blogs/rss\
   the rest of the paths\
   from portal.properties

Any path starting with /web is already public unless the page doesn't have Guest view permission which it has by default. Also /blogs/rss is already defined in auth.public.paths.