Foren

Liferay 6.2 CE - migration to advanced file system store

Dimitris Siotas, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

Liferay 6.2 CE - migration to advanced file system store

New Member Beiträge: 5 Beitrittsdatum: 24.08.15 Neueste Beiträge
Hello every one.
I recently tried and install a test environment with liferay 6.2 ce ga4 and i used the advanced file system store to test it. I used the property "dl.store.impl=com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.store.AdvancedFileSystemStore" and i saw the differences in the document library folder.
No i wonder how am i going (if it is possible) to migrate the document library of an existing liferay that works with simple file system store until now.
Is there a process or it is a property that we choose only in the first installation of the portal?
Thanks in advance!
thumbnail
Alberto Chaparro, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

RE: Liferay 6.2 CE - migration to advanced file system store (Antwort)

Liferay Master Beiträge: 549 Beitrittsdatum: 25.04.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Dimitris,

If your question is how to migrate DL from one specific dl.store.impl to another you should follow this process:
0- Do a backup of database and DL file system.
1- Go to server administration/Data Migration
2- Execute the desired migration
3- Once is finished, restart the portal updating the dl.store.impl property with the proper value.

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Regards.
Dimitris Siotas, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

RE: Liferay 6.2 CE - migration to advanced file system store

New Member Beiträge: 5 Beitrittsdatum: 24.08.15 Neueste Beiträge
Hello Alberto an thank you very much for the answer.
I just tried your suggestion steps on a copy of a production server. I didn't know that there was also a Migration to another file system through the portal settings.
I got a message that the migration has been completed and to insert in portal-ext.properties file the new dl.store.impl. I added the property for advanced file system an restart the server.
Everything looks fine except one thing. I attach a picture with the look of a folder. It seems that it has the new .afs folders but also the old ones. Is it safe to delete the duplicate old folders?
thumbnail
Alberto Chaparro, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

RE: Liferay 6.2 CE - migration to advanced file system store

Liferay Master Beiträge: 549 Beitrittsdatum: 25.04.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Dimitris,

To be honest, I am not sure about that. As far as I remember the process didn't remove the old folders so maybe you could remove them. If you have a backup you can try to do it and let us know for next issues in the future.

Thanks.