Foren

Liferay DXP Checklist, c3p0 or HikariCP?

thumbnail
Denis Signoretto, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

Liferay DXP Checklist, c3p0 or HikariCP?

Expert Beiträge: 375 Beitrittsdatum: 21.04.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

I was reading Liferay DXP Deployment Checklist document and I've surprisingly seen that it still suggest to use c3p0 as Database connection pool with Tomcat. If I'm not wrong Liferay DXP bundle use HikariCP by default.

Is it a misprint or still do you suggest c3p0 for produciont ready environment? Which one do you suggest for a production clustered environment?

Thanks,
Denis.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

RE: Liferay DXP Checklist, c3p0 or HikariCP?

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14919 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
Go with Hikari.

The reality is that any connection pool implementation will work, and folks often have different levels of trust for different projects.

Personally, although I use and trust Hikari, it is tough pointing someone to the github project page and say that this thing is ready for prime time use, they just don't have that level of trust in an individual user's github project.

Come meet me at Devcon 2017 or 2017 LSNA!
thumbnail
Jorge Díaz, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 753 Beitrittsdatum: 09.01.14 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Denis,

In "Database Connection Pool" section there is no special suggestion about any connection pool:
You may choose from a variety of database connection pool providers, including DBCP, C3P0, HikariCP
and Tomcat. You may also choose to configure the Liferay JDBC settings in your portal.properties.

About HikariCP it is only used in case of configuring Liferay JDBC settings in your portal.properties
thumbnail
Denis Signoretto, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 375 Beitrittsdatum: 21.04.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi guys,

thanks for your clarifications.

@Jorge I'd like to know whether Liferay Engineering scalability team use c3p0 or Hikari to perform their tests.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14919 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
Jorge Díaz:
About HikariCP it is only used in case of configuring Liferay JDBC settings in your portal.properties

I have a blog post up showing how you can use Hikari for your tomcat JNDI connection pool too, especially useful since the default tomcat connection pool is not well regarded.

https://web.liferay.com/web/user.26526/blog/-/blogs/tomcat-hikaricp

Come meet me at Devcon 2017 or 2017 LSNA!