Foren

InlineSQLHelperUtil and messageboard performance

thumbnail
jelmer kuperus, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

InlineSQLHelperUtil and messageboard performance

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1191 Beitrittsdatum: 10.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
I am using liferay 6.0.6 running on top of mysql and have a forum category which now holds slightly less than 2000 posts.

And performance is degrading in a bad way. I did some debugging and it seems that the Inline permission checks are to blame for this.

The query that is used to retrieve the message count looks like this

SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT MBThread.threadId) AS COUNT_VALUE 
  FROM MBThread 
  INNER JOIN MBMessage ON (MBMessage.messageId = MBThread.rootMessageId)   
  INNER JOIN ResourcePermission ON ( 
	(MBMessage.userId = 10133) OR  
	(ResourcePermission.companyId = 10130) AND 
	(ResourcePermission.name = 'com.liferay.portlet.messageboards.model.MBMessage') AND 
	(ResourcePermission.roleId IN (0,10137)) AND 
	(MOD(ResourcePermission.actionIds, 2) = 1) AND 
	( 
	  ( 
	    (ResourcePermission.scope = 1) AND (ResourcePermission.primKey = '10130')
	  ) OR ( 
	    (ResourcePermission.scope = 2) AND (ResourcePermission.primKey IN ('10154')) 
	  ) OR ( 
	    (ResourcePermission.scope = 4) AND (ResourcePermission.primKey = MBMessage.messageId) 
	  ) 
    )   
  ) 
  WHERE (MBThread.groupId = 10154) AND (MBThread.categoryId = 24105) AND (MBThread.status = 0)

When i remove the ResourcePermissions join all is well, but when i leave it in this query will take 23 seconds

I ran explain on the query and it does a full table scan on the ResourcePermission, and adding an index won't really fix much because of the way the query is written, it will still evaluate all rows

Is any of this better on the trunk ? or has anyone successfully reimplemented InlineSQLHelperImpl
thumbnail
jelmer kuperus, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: InlineSQLHelperUtil and messageboard performance

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1191 Beitrittsdatum: 10.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
I am a littple surprised i am having problems with this,
and the liferay forums, which have many more posts and are supposed to run on liferay 6 does not

I did noticed this got committed recently http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-16478

Any liferay devs that care to comment and tell me if this forum runs with this setting enabled ?