Foren

Can not download document after liferay upgrade

thumbnail
Pratik Sayare, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

Can not download document after liferay upgrade

New Member Beiträge: 20 Beitrittsdatum: 10.08.17 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

I have upgraded liferay to 7.0.2 GA3 from 6.2. Before the document store was DB store so updated the document store property as per liferay 7 in portal-ext.properties. Also, rebuild indexes using control panel.

dl.store.impl=com.liferay.portal.store.db.DBStore

Liferay works fine can upload new documents but while downloading its gives internal server error

In tomcat logs the error is status_jsp:950 null

After enabling debug logs nothing much details.

Kindly advise what is missing or need to add any other property. Thanks

/Pratik
thumbnail
Manish Yadav, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

RE: Can not download document after liferay upgrade

Expert Beiträge: 493 Beitrittsdatum: 26.05.12 Neueste Beiträge
Pratik Sayare:
Hi,

I have upgraded liferay to 7.0.2 GA3 from 6.2. Before the document store was DB store so updated the document store property as per liferay 7 in portal-ext.properties. Also, rebuild indexes using control panel.

Liferay works fine can upload new documents but while downloading its gives internal server error

/Pratik

Enable status of logs as All from control panel ,might be from there you will get some exceptions
thumbnail

Manish Yadav:
Pratik Sayare:
Hi,

/Pratik

Enable status of logs as All from control panel ,might be from there you will get some exceptions

Yes, I enabled com.liferay from log levels to All but no exceptions. Also enabled using portal-log4j.xml under tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF but no exceptions in logs only normal DEBUG log messages. While uploading document it gives a warning no metadata found for file id xxxxx

/Pratik
thumbnail
Alberto Chaparro, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 549 Beitrittsdatum: 25.04.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Pratik,

Did you set dl.store.impl=com.liferay.portal.store.db.DBStore in your portal-upgrade-ext.properties file before executing the upgrade?

Also, could you check if the DB Store work in a using a new database in 7.0.2GA3 (not upgraded from 6.2)?

Thanks.
thumbnail

Alberto Chaparro:
Hi Pratik,

Did you set dl.store.impl=com.liferay.portal.store.db.DBStore in your portal-upgrade-ext.properties file before executing the upgrade?

Also, could you check if the DB Store work in a using a new database in 7.0.2GA3 (not upgraded from 6.2)?

Thanks.

Hi,
No, I didn't set the property dl.store.impl=com.liferay.portal.store.db.DBStore in portal-upgrade-ext.properties before upgrade. Let me try by setting this before and test.

Yes, 7.0.2 GA3 works with the new database.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

/Pratik
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 6400 Beitrittsdatum: 23.09.08 Neueste Beiträge
Pratik Chandrashekhar Sayare:
No, I didn't set the property dl.store.impl=com.liferay.portal.store.db.DBStore in portal-upgrade-ext.properties before upgrade. Let me try by setting this before and test.

You'll definitely need this, as the document library needs to be updated as well. The update process needs to have access to all data that you want to upgrade.
thumbnail

Hi,

I tried setting the property dl.store.impl=com.liferay.portal.store.db.DBStore in portal-upgrade-ext.properties before upgrade.

Still getting the same error. Can add new document with below warning

03:43:39,347 WARN [liferay/document_library_raw_metadata_processor-1][RawMetadataProcessorMessageListener:38] Unable to save metadata for file version 112294
java.lang.NullPointerException

/Pratik
thumbnail

Hi,

After enabling debug log for the document library, getting below error while uploading a new document.Attached logs for reference.

[DLFileEntryIndexer:374] Error retrieving document stream

/Pratik
thumbnail
Alberto Chaparro, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 549 Beitrittsdatum: 25.04.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Patrik,

After an upgrade it's mandatory to regenerate the search indexes. It seems that you haven't executed that task.
thumbnail

Hi,

I did reindex all search indexes after the upgrade.

/Pratik
thumbnail

Hi,
I tried with 7.0.3 GA4 it gives error Not Found. Additional information, the liferay is in the cluster and behind load balancers, does this need any other configurations?

/Pratik
thumbnail

Hi,

Finally, the issue is fixed. As I copied portal-ext.properties from 6.2 it was having many properties (JDBC, URL regex,c3po) which were causing the issue. Also, JNDI properties used in database URL were also found not be working. Need to fine tune many properties to make it work.

With above settings, the document download works but only with one of the 2 available options. The difference between 2 links is query parameter version=1.0. For some documents, it works vice versa.

https://abc.com/portal/documents/20182/0/helpful_links_for_using_liferay_portal.pdf/01a1ad99-c9ff-4620-9d23-53ffeba5a3c1?version=1.0&download=true

https://abc.com/portal/documents/20182/0/helpful_links_for_using_liferay_portal.pdf/01a1ad99-c9ff-4620-9d23-53ffeba5a3c1?download=true

Any configuration changes required for this to work with both links? (It works fine with new install, can download with both links, only problem for upgraded version)

/Pratik