Foren

custom post login page simliar to terms of use

Brandon b, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

custom post login page simliar to terms of use

New Member Beiträge: 18 Beitrittsdatum: 31.03.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hello,

I have a req. to prompt the user for some information immediately after first login, or when a certain criteria is not met. I would like to add a modal popup or page simliar to terms of use immediately after login. I was wondering the best way to achieve this? Is there some sort of pipeline that is followed after login that I could hook into? Would overriding the terms of use be the best approach?

The ui will be simple, but custom.

I am using 6.0.6

thanks,
thumbnail
srikanth velugoti, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: custom post login page simliar to terms of use

Junior Member Beiträge: 79 Beitrittsdatum: 24.04.09 Neueste Beiträge
hi Brandon ,

check the link below

http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Customizing+the+default+page+after+login
Brandon b, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: custom post login page simliar to terms of use

New Member Beiträge: 18 Beitrittsdatum: 31.03.11 Neueste Beiträge
thanks,

I have actually done that, and that is what I am doing now. The problem is if I place a portlet on the new custom-redirected page, the user experience is not very clean. I need to make sure this page is setup, and it just feels clunky. I would like to almost popup a model dialog and require the user to enter information. And then hit my custom default landing page action to redirect.

In addition much like the terms of service, I would like my page/portlet to be shown until the user has taken the appropriate action.