Foren

Problems with WebDAV

Trevor Townsend, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Problems with WebDAV

Junior Member Beiträge: 26 Beitrittsdatum: 11.05.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hi everyone,

Recently, I had an issue (solved) about being able to secure my SO installation with HTTPS (port 8443). Prior to this, the HTTP (port 8080) WebDAV address was working just fine and was fully functional on all the client platforms (Mac, WinXP, Win7U64). After securing Tomcat by enabling HTTPS WebDAV does not work at all - not from any client.

I also have KnowledgeTree installed in a test environment secured by HTTPS and the HTTPS (port 443) address for WebDAV works just fine.

Could anyone please provide me with some advice on troubleshooting and solving this? It's proving to be a major obstacle in moving our evaluation of SO forward.

Many thanks for your time,
Trevor.

RE: Problems with WebDAV

Bump? Anyone have WebDAV over SSL working?
thumbnail
Ryan Park, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 120 Beitrittsdatum: 28.08.07 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Trevor,

Are you using Windows? If so see KB892211, at Microsoft's site. It seems like there is a bug with WebDAV over HTTPS.

Ryan Park:
Hi Trevor,

Are you using Windows? If so see KB892211, at Microsoft's site. It seems like there is a bug with WebDAV over HTTPS.

Hi Ryan, and thanks for the reply.

I did look into that, and that doesn't seem to be the problem. The WebDAV addresses produced by my 1.5b SO install don't work on any machine (linux, Mac, Win7). I've seen in the forums that there are difficulties with WebDAV in SO, and I'm trying to get more specific information from my install to troubleshoot it. It's very a very important feature to have working to show my clients.

What I can tell so far is that WebDAV fails uniformly on two vanilla installs of SO. Don't know what more to look for at this point, put I'll keep at it.

Cheers,
Trevor

Hi Ryan,

I'm not sure if this helps, but this is the error I receive when trying to connect with WebDAV:

HTTP Status 404 -
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
type Status report
description The requested resource () is not available.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apache Tomcat/6.0.18

I'm not an Apache/Tomcat expert at all, in fact, I'm quite new to this, but I have to support my own activities. That means learning whatever it takes.
I know that WebDAV to my Win7U64 box works fine because I have a KnowledgeTree installation whose WebDAV access works perfectly.

Any idea? I greatly appreciate any help I can get! ;-)

Trevor.

Bump?
thumbnail
Ryan Park, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 120 Beitrittsdatum: 28.08.07 Neueste Beiträge
Sorry Trevor!

I've been quite busy lately, I too am no expert on many things Apache, could you reply with the url that you have tried to access with and with what version of Liferay? That is if this question is still relevant.
Phil Jerkins, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

New Member Beitrag: 1 Beitrittsdatum: 06.09.11 Neueste Beiträge
It looks like the OP hasn't seen your response, so I'll reply.

I'm getting the exact same results when I try to access a WebDAV URL. I'm running Liferay CE 6.0.6 (in the bundle w/ Tomcat 6.0.29).

I just logged in as Bruno, and put a Document Library portlet on a new page off the home page. Here are the WebDAV URLs I've tried:
  • http://localhost/tunnel-web/secure/webdav/guest/document_library <- What the portlet gave me when I clicked Access from Desktop
  • http://localhost/tunnel-web/secure/webdav/bruno/document_library
  • http://localhost/tunnel-web/secure/webdav/Liferay.com/document_library

I always get a login box when I try to access any of these URLs. I always type "bruno@7cogs.com" as the username, and "bruno" as the password.

I've tried entering these URLs into the browser (Firefox 6, in my case), in the address bar of an Explorer window, and as the address of a new Network Place, per the wiki's instructions for Windows XP.

I've modified the server.xml file to run on port 80. My OS is Server 2003, and I ran "net stop w3svc" to stop IIS before starting Liferay.