Foren

Wrapper classes of Liferay Remote Service

thumbnail
Kowbathullah Gnaniyar Zubair, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

Wrapper classes of Liferay Remote Service

Liferay Master Beiträge: 722 Beitrittsdatum: 19.12.07 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

I have to access the Liferay DMS SOAP services from external application. ( Liferay 6.2) .I can achieve this by exposing Portlet_DL_DLAppService but i need to write the wrapper classes for Portlet_DL_DLAppService and should publish new SOAP service.

For example, Portlet_DL_DLAppService has different operations for getFileEntries and addFileEntry..etc which has overloaded methods. So I need to create new SOAP services for DLAppService with minimal operation names from the Parent service of Portlet_DL_DLAppService .

Reason for doing this, we are trying to invoke the Liferay DMS service from SAP PO but SAP PO has restriction for accessing the Liferay wsdl which has overloaded methods. ( see the attached file) . so I am publishing new web service in custom portlet which has limited method which is inherited from parent Portlet_DL_DLAppService .

I am planning to create custom portlet with dummy service.xml and will invoke the Liferay DMS service from Remote-Impl of custom portlet.
I want to make sure that I am going on right direction? Please suggest if Any other best way to do this?

Thanks in Advance.

Anhänge:

thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

RE: Wrapper classes of Liferay Remote Service

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14919 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
Kowbathullah Gnaniyar Zubair:
I have to access the Liferay DMS SOAP services from external application. ( Liferay 6.2) .I can achieve this by exposing Portlet_DL_DLAppService but i need to write the wrapper classes for Portlet_DL_DLAppService and should publish new SOAP service.

Don't do this. If you want to expose a new custom remote API, do so in your own custom SB implementation.

Come meet me at the 2017 LSNA!
thumbnail
Kowbathullah Gnaniyar Zubair, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 722 Beitrittsdatum: 19.12.07 Neueste Beiträge
David H Nebinger:

Don't do this. If you want to expose a new custom remote API, do so in your own custom SB implementation.

Thanks for your quick response david. Yes you are right, i can do it from custom SB implementation and my suggestion also same, I am planning to create fake service builder and will do my implementation in remote impl to manage the documents.

would be great if you clarify more in detail that why i should not try with wrapper classes?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14919 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
would be great if you clarify more in detail that why i should not try with wrapper classes?

Because wrappers are only that, wrappers. They are used to inject your code into the mix before the core Liferay code is invoked.

They do not, however, expose new methods to the outside world. Any new methods you add to a wrapper are effectively ignored.