Foren

Unable to include /entries/portlet_options.jsp error

Robert Meissner, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

Unable to include /entries/portlet_options.jsp error

Junior Member Beiträge: 76 Beitrittsdatum: 26.02.15 Neueste Beiträge
I have updated to the latest version of yeoman (2.0.0), liferay-theme-tasks (1.4.1). The theme, that worked with Liferay 7.0 GA3 now yields an error under GA4:

10:23:34,863 ERROR [ajp-nio-8009-exec-1][BaseJSPProductNavigationControlMenuEntry:91] Unable to include /entries/portlet_options.jsp
javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:950)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:885)
        at com.liferay.taglib.servlet.PageContextWrapper.handlePageException(PageContextWrapper.java:171)
        at org.apache.jsp.entries.portlet_005foptions_jsp._jspService(portlet_005foptions_jsp.java:176)

Whats more: The nav-control-menu (the three dots in the admin-theme) ar not available. There is no portlet_options.jsp in my theme an no ftl with this name. Whats wrong?
Maren Schulze, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

RE: Unable to include /entries/portlet_options.jsp error

New Member Beiträge: 7 Beitrittsdatum: 28.04.15 Neueste Beiträge
Hej Robert,

did you find out something about this? I have the same problem (the exeption, dots are visible), but only if i enter any side of the control area.
I set the same theme for control area and frontend so I thaught maybe something is missing in theme templates. I compared my files to those from the admin theme and added what was missing/ different but it's still throwing an error.

Any ideas meanwhile? thanks.
thumbnail
Johann Sonnenberg, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 20 Beitrittsdatum: 28.06.17 Neueste Beiträge
Did anyone figure this out? I've run into the same problem as well.

I am going to open up a support ticket with Liferay Support and see what answers/help I can get from them.

Thanks.
Ankur Chaudhary, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

New Member Beitrag: 1 Beitrittsdatum: 11.10.17 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Anyone, Did you able to resolve this issue?

Thanks
Ankur C

Hey,

we fixed that with adding the following:

in portal-normal.ftl
<#if !layout.isTypeControlPanel() && !themeDisplay.getSiteGroup().isControlPanel()>

<@liferay.control_menu />

<!--#if-->

in portlet.ftl

&lt;#if portletDisplay.isStateMax()&gt;

&lt;@liferay.control_menu /&gt;

<!--#if-->

... dont't know if this might help in your cases.
thumbnail
Scott Stroz, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 15 Beitrittsdatum: 12.07.17 Neueste Beiträge
Does it matter where in these files this code should be added?

In Portlet.ftl it's written at the end. In Portal_normal we have it right after <@liferay_util["include"] page=body_top_include />.

Unfortunately I'm not the one who did it (and not a developer besides, I just care for the interface ;)). I only can quess that the hole thing has something to do with if portlets are displayed "fullscreen" or not and whether they are located in normal view or control-panel view (because this makes a difference in portlets header and also affects the control panel, there is a tooltipp for example). So we are using the same theme for everything - control area, profile pages and normal pages in sites - to reduce maintenance. We work with theme settings to make some options possible. Might be that if you write custom templates you miss that you have to distinguish between different display states what might cause that error. If you use different themes like it is in liferay by default, nothing goes wrong. But as said, it's just an assumption, can also be totally off the mark...