Foren

When will the 3.1 GA be available

thumbnail
William Gosse, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

When will the 3.1 GA be available

Liferay Master Beiträge: 533 Beitrittsdatum: 04.07.10 Neueste Beiträge
Now that Portal 7 GA4 has been released when will we see the GA for IDE 3.1?
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

RE: When will the 3.1 GA be available

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1123 Beitrittsdatum: 16.02.10 Neueste Beiträge
The 3.1 GA release is in its final work right now. Should be available at the end of next week.
thumbnail

Awesome!!!
thumbnail

Hmmm...
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14917 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
William Gosse:
Hmmm...

You must be new here, William. All plans/dates are ephemeral and do not really apply more than a minute after utterance.

emoticon

Come meet me at Devcon 2017 or 2017 LSNA!
thumbnail
Andy Wu, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 195 Beitrittsdatum: 05.05.15 Neueste Beiträge
we are about to release the 3.1 ga1 in this week , please wait patiently. Sorry for any inconvenience. emoticon
thumbnail
Christoph Rabel, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1554 Beitrittsdatum: 24.09.09 Neueste Beiträge
How about adding a nicer url?

I mean, currently I absolutely have to check manually to find out that the latest package is called "liferay-ce-portal-tomcat-7.0-ga4-20170613175008905.zip". I mean, I can't quickly change the url, I need to find it out.

Since you don't have that many releases per year, how about adding something like:
https://releases.liferay.com/portal/gradle/7.0.3-ga4.zip

It would make it absolutely easy to update the url without the need to take a look at sourceforge or so.
thumbnail

Christophe I would actually suggest broaching that on the slack #portal channel.

thumbnail

So I see that IDE 3.1 GA1 was released to today. That's great. Only issue is that it still defaults to Liferay GA3. GA4 has been out for almost a month now.
thumbnail

you mean when you creating liferay workspace , the default bundle url is ga3 ?
If so we will fix that in the next coming release 3.1.1 , it would be very soon.
thumbnail

Yes that's what I mean. Also when you go to Windows > Preferences > Liferay > Target Platform the only choices beside DXP are GA2 and GA3???
thumbnail

Um, for future reference, Liferay does issue pre-release milestones where they encourage folks to try them and make sure they work in the custom environments.

It's often hard to see the forest through the trees, and having extra eyes on the milestones helps to ensure all of the i's have been dotted and t's crossed...

thumbnail

I did download and look at the last milestone but Liferay GA4 wasn't available then. I was assuming that part of the wait for IDE GA1 was for Liferay GA4 to be ready. So I was a little disappointed when it didn't include GA4.
thumbnail

Different teams and release cycles, you know how it goes. Best laid plans of mice and men... emoticon

thumbnail

RE: When will the IDE 3.1 GA be available

I just downloaded the latest version of the IDE, 3.1.1 GA2, and it still does not have support for Liferay Portal CE GA 4 as a target platform. What gives? Can't we get support for GA4 added to the IDE?
thumbnail

RE: When will the IDE 3.1 GA be available

Hey the default bundle url in new liferay workspace is ga4 now.
But target platform is still not embedded , sorry for that , we are trying find a good hehavior about the target platform. Please wait patiently.
Also I am wondering what kind of use case that you want the targetplatform. For runtime validation ? or something else.
thumbnail

I'm not sure that I follow your question. I'm assuming the selecting a target platform will correctly install and configure that platform for development. Maybe I'm wrong about what its purpose is for. To be honest I find the new IDE somewhat confusing in comparison to what was available in 6.2. I've been doing all my portlet and and hook development as just maven projects. And theme and layouts are now off on there own node, yeoman and gulp tangent so I don't see their relevance in the IDE anymore. The old 6.2 IDE wasn't perfect but it was a good one stop shopping for all things pertaining to Liferay custom development.

Also when I try to set up a Liferay workspace through the IDE I get the following error:
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Reactor Build Order:
[INFO]
[INFO] my_workspace
[INFO] my_workspace Modules
[INFO] my_workspace Themes
[INFO] my_workspace Wars
[INFO] Downloading: https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/codehaus/mojo/maven-metadata.xml
[INFO] Downloading: https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-metadata.xml
[INFO] Downloaded: https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-metadata.xml (13 KB at 26.3 KB/sec)
[INFO] Downloaded: https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/codehaus/mojo/maven-metadata.xml (20 KB at 39.8 KB/sec)
[INFO] Reactor Summary:
[INFO]
[INFO] my_workspace ....................................... SKIPPED
[INFO] my_workspace Modules ............................... SKIPPED
[INFO] my_workspace Themes ................................ SKIPPED
[INFO] my_workspace Wars .................................. SKIPPED
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 1.143 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2017-08-11T09:30:47-04:00
[INFO] Final Memory: 10M/238M
[ERROR] No plugin found for prefix 'liferay' in the current project and in the plugin groups [org.apache.maven.plugins, org.codehaus.mojo] available from the repositories [local (C:\Users\z00360537\.m2\repository), central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2)] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/NoPluginFoundForPrefixException
thumbnail
Joye Luo, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 144 Beitrittsdatum: 03.05.16 Neueste Beiträge
Hey William,

Thanks for your feedback. We will add explaination about Target Platform in the latter IDE version.

Usage of Liferay Target Platform:
1. find correct module dependencies for your project.
For example, when u create a gradle module project, it import com.liferay.contacts.service.EntryService;
And u don't know the dependecy name and version. U can hover the mouse cursor over the import and choose add module dependencies.
It will add the dependency in build.gradle automatically. For the above-mentioned example, it will add
compile group: "com.liferay", name:"com.liferay.contacts.api", version:"2.0.0"

2. list all the services that can be customized in the target liferay portal u choose.
New Liferay module project->service->Service Name
You can find that there is a list of Liferay service name. That's generated by Liferay Target Platform.

And that's all. It will not affect other functions u are using in IDE.
As for the set up for maven workspace error, could u give us more details about it so that we can reproduce it.~~
thumbnail

Hey William ,
The targert platform is for getting service and service wrapper list when creating project , and also it can find which bundle some package come from , the this can support quick-fix adding project dependencies and quick-fix importing package in java source code.
Also the target platfrom is almost the same in different version of liferay , it can only affect you if you want to do some deep/low level modify .

And theme and layouts are now off on there own node

I am not very clear with this issue , can you give more detail?

Also we don't integrate node.js support yet , if this demand is strong , we will do that later.

Also when I try to set up a Liferay workspace through the IDE I get the following error:

I can't reproduce this issue , can you give some detail steps ?