Foren

How to categorize and limit editors?

Ra Jo Ga Cha, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

How to categorize and limit editors?

Junior Member Beiträge: 77 Beitrittsdatum: 19.01.17 Neueste Beiträge
The original subject of this thread was: "How do organizations roles work? How to deny permissions?". The new one shows better what am I trying to achieve.

This is because platform is intended to have different sections, e.g. main page showing showcased content (I think the best way to to this in Liferay is via tags), and minor sections to show all contents of its type, e.g., "sports" section. But an "sports" editor shouldn't be able to create "music" contents or promote its contents to the main page.

These are some of the facings written before the edit:

There are three preset roles:

Owner
Admin
Reviewer

I think owner and admin should work in a similar way, and reviewer is intended to edit users' contents who belong to the organization without any of these three roles. Is this right?

Anyway, I have other questions about permissions. How can I DENY users to tag contents created by them? I've looked for permissions for that users into the organizations without roles and tags permissions are unchecked, but they are still able to assign tags or even create them.

This way, an organization basic user of type "sports journalist" should be able to write and publish into sports section, but only a reviewer or an admin should be able to tag it as showcased to show it in the main page.

Thanks in advantage emoticon
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

RE: How to categorize and limit editors?

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 6403 Beitrittsdatum: 23.09.08 Neueste Beiträge
Ra Jo Ga Cha:
This way, an organization basic user of type "sports journalist" should be able to write and publish into sports section, but only a reviewer or an admin should be able to tag it as showcased to show it in the main page.

As you have a reviewer anyways, why not review the tags given? This way the reviewer might have less work when there's actually a "sports" and "music" article. And the authors probably won't wildly tag articles to fake coverage. If they do, talk to them emoticon

A technical solution is to write some service hook, intercept the currently tagged content and change the tags as required, based on code. You can add properties to the tags, so that they become machine readable.

And yet another solution is to provide a custom editor to your authors, which only exposes the functionality you'd like to be available to them.

Hm, you're right, but then... What is the proposed use of organizations? I mean, in the examples each organization is related to a section of a company, but I can't understand the proposal of these organizations if any user can create contents for any category or section. I mean, it's only that users are grouped in order to be administered by different sub-admins, isn't it?

Anyway, I'm trying to exercise any kind of publishing control but I'm stuck there too. I would want to make that editors can create contents but they should be hidden before a content reviewer gives them the OK. The first approach is to create a content as an editor and set Permissions - Viewable by - Owner, this way I think it should only appear if you're logged as the editor or a superadmin (organization admin or site admin). The result is that everybody can see the content, even guests emoticon

I'm seriously confused emoticon
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 6403 Beitrittsdatum: 23.09.08 Neueste Beiträge
Ra Jo Ga Cha:
Hm, you're right, but then... What is the proposed use of organizations? I mean, in the examples each organization is related to a section of a company, but I can't understand the proposal of these organizations if any user can create contents for any category or section. I mean, it's only that users are grouped in order to be administered by different sub-admins, isn't it?

We might just have some vocabulary mismatch here. When you say "category" or more specifically "category or section": Are you referring to Liferay's "category" metadata that you can choose for any article? Or is it a description for your organizations, independent of this Liferay concept vocabulary?

Yes, I'm referring to metadata: An user in an organization should only be able to categorize contents with it's section or subcategories.

I mean:

Restaurant > Kitchen

Kitchen is an organization where cookers are editors, and should only be able to create contents categorized as Kitchen or it's subcategories as them could be "Daily menu", "Recipes", etc.

So I want to create organization Kitchen, have a Kitchen admin, a Kitchen content reviewer (optional), and content editors only able to use categories related to it's organization.