Foren

Getting gulp errors when try to build my Theme

Kevin Matthews, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

Getting gulp errors when try to build my Theme

Expert Beiträge: 253 Beitrittsdatum: 25.01.16 Neueste Beiträge
Hi, I am using liferay 7.0 CE version running on Wildfly/JBoss 10.0. I have installed yoman, node.js, gulp and ruby sass. Now when I ran gulp build
i get the following error . Can someone help? It seems its failing when trying to rename css directory. I am running as root attached is the screen shots of the build error, the content in SRC folder and BUILD folder in my theme directory. Can someone please help.

[12:08:09] Starting 'build:rename-css-dir'...
[12:08:10] 'build:rename-css-dir' errored after 999 ms
[12:08:10] Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, rename 'C:\Applications\RapidConnect\ArtifactManage
r\rapconn_liferay_app\liferay-ArtifactManager-gradle\fdc1001-theme\build\css' -> 'C:\Applications\Rap
idConnect\ArtifactManager\rapconn_liferay_app\liferay-ArtifactManager-gradle\fdc1001-theme\build\_css
'
at Error (native)

[12:08:10] 'build' errored after 2.77 min
[12:08:10] Error in plugin 'run-sequence(build:rename-css-dir)'
EPERM: operation not permitted, rename 'C:\Applications\RapidConnect\ArtifactManager\rapconn_life
ray_app\liferay-ArtifactManager-gradle\fdc1001-theme\build\css' -> 'C:\Applications\RapidConnect\Arti
factManager\rapconn_liferay_app\liferay-ArtifactManager-gradle\fdc1001-theme\build\_css'
Details:
errno: -4048
code: EPERM
syscall: rename
path: C:\Applications\RapidConnect\ArtifactManager\rapconn_liferay_app\liferay-ArtifactManager-gr
adle\fdc1001-theme\build\css
dest: C:\Applications\RapidConnect\ArtifactManager\rapconn_liferay_app\liferay-ArtifactManager-gr
adle\fdc1001-theme\build\_css
Stack:
Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, rename 'C:\Applications\RapidConnect\ArtifactManager\rapconn_l
iferay_app\liferay-ArtifactManager-gradle\fdc1001-theme\build\css' -> 'C:\Applications\RapidConnect\A
rtifactManager\rapconn_liferay_app\liferay-ArtifactManager-gradle\fdc1001-theme\build\_css'
at Error (native)
thumbnail
Andrew Jardine, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

RE: Getting gulp errors when try to build my Theme

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2416 Beitrittsdatum: 22.12.10 Neueste Beiträge
I realize this is a long shot, but I'll ask anyway. You don't have that folder (resource) open in any other windows or anything do you? It's been a long time since I worked with Windows to be honest but the one thing I remember hating more than anything was how it locked files/folders when there was an application that opened it. I remember these locks preventing me from renaming files/folders, deleting them, etc.
Kevin Matthews, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

RE: Getting gulp errors when try to build my Theme

Expert Beiträge: 253 Beitrittsdatum: 25.01.16 Neueste Beiträge
Andrew Jardine:
I realize this is a long shot, but I'll ask anyway. You don't have that folder (resource) open in any other windows or anything do you? It's been a long time since I worked with Windows to be honest but the one thing I remember hating more than anything was how it locked files/folders when there was an application that opened it. I remember these locks preventing me from renaming files/folders, deleting them, etc.

Hi Jardine,

I managed to get it deployed using gulp without any errors. I followed the instructions given by this site.
https://github.com/liferay/liferay-docs/blob/master/develop/tutorials/articles/260-themes-and-layout-templates/02-themes-generator.markdown

However, i think the problem is when I copied the build folders to the source directory it fails because for some reason of the _css folder name in src directory. So what I did was only create a folder templates and copy only the portal_normal.vm file and excluding the css folder from the build directory. Once I copied, it compiled and deployed the theme. I was able to see the change I made which was to update the message -> 'powered by liferay' to 'powered by ABC Inc.' However, the problem I am having now is that i don't get the entire look and feel as the default home page as shown when with original liferay install when I installed my modify theme using gulp deployment.

Can you please advise how can i get my new theme look like the OOB default classic theme? Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks
Kevin