Foren

Authentication in Android with cookies from OpenAM

Irmo Timmann, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

Authentication in Android with cookies from OpenAM

New Member Beiträge: 7 Beitrittsdatum: 07.04.17 Neueste Beiträge
Hello everyone,

I have problems authenticate android app users using a cookie session.

I am developing a LIFERAY Android app. Currently Liferay runs on a Tomcat test server on a local machine. The users are being authenticated using anther test tomcat server hosting an OpenAM server. The OpenAM Server is configured and set inside liferay as a SSO Server. So the users are authenticated in liferay using the OpenAM SSO server providing their credentials and entering a OTP sent with an E-Mail. This works using a browser.

My problem is that I can call the JSON API of OpenAM inside the app and authenticate the user properly but I cannot use this session, the cookie etc. with the liferay SDK.
I am using the liferay screens version 2.1.1 povided using Gradle (the 2.1.2 hotfix seems to be not yet available).
I have access to the cookie provided by OpenAM, the tokenId containing the SSO token value and the JSESSIONID.

Maybe I am not using the correct methods or not using them as intended. I'm using the following code for manually creating a cookie session. I tried using the following code:

CookieAuthentication cookieAuthentication = new CookieAuthentication("AQIC5wM2LY4Sfcy6o5-Ik7p45JB3MKFBi3Yt_ROH5o7djm8","amlbcookie=01; JSESSIONID=58B40E6527F43EB833F929B3F27E78EE; GUEST_LANGUAGE_ID=en_US","test","password");
Session impl = new SessionImpl("http://openam.example.com", cookieAuthentication, 52000, new Callback() {

@Override
            public void inBackground(Response response) {
                try {
                    Log.d("Response", response.getBody());
                } catch (Exception e) {
                    e.printStackTrace();
                }
            }

@Override
            public void doFailure(Exception exception) {
                Log.d("Response Session impl", exception.getMessage());
            }
        });

CookieSignIn.signIn(impl, new CookieSignIn.CookieCallback() {
            @Override
            public void onSuccess(Session session) {
                Log.d("Session", "Logged in: " + SessionContext.isLoggedIn() + " has user info: " + SessionContext.hasUserInfo() + " has UserId: " + SessionContext.getUserId());
            }

@Override
            public void onFailure(Exception e) {
                Log.d("Sign in", e.getMessage());
            }
        });

So my question is: how can I authenticate Android app users with liferay using OpenAM and OTP and how to establish a conection using the cookie login?

Cookie value:
amlbcookie=01; JSESSIONID=58B40E6527F43EB833F929B3F27E78EE; GUEST_LANGUAGE_ID=en_US

Full OpenAM token value
AQIC5wM2LY4SfcyPEDUH4EWMQTc5h6_XyBUEcT5Fo1nkkZE.*AAJTSQACMDEAAlNLABQtNzcwMzE4OTgzMDQ1MjY2Njc2OQ..*

SSO Token part
AQIC5wM2LY4SfcyPEDUH4EWMQTc5h6_XyBUEcT5Fo1nkkZE

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Irmo
thumbnail
Javier Gamarra, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

RE: Authentication in Android with cookies from OpenAM

Expert Beiträge: 348 Beitrittsdatum: 12.02.15 Neueste Beiträge
It isn't exactly the use case we were thinking when we built the cookie authentication but it is definitely one of the use cases we want to support...

Can you attach the error trace? both in the client and the server? Which version of Liferay are you using?

Have you tried the cookie authentication against the Liferay Portal without the OpenAM server? or a curl request?

Thanks in advance!
thumbnail
Javier Gamarra, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 348 Beitrittsdatum: 12.02.15 Neueste Beiträge
Hi!

Did you try again? If you pass me the exceptions I can try to replicate the environment emoticon
Irmo Timmann, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 7 Beitrittsdatum: 07.04.17 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

sorry for the late reply. I have problems with my configuration. I discovered that using the default login screenlet I could simply bypass the custom authentication using the OpenAM authentication server. So I was able to login with using username , password and loginMode:basic and authenticate without OpenAM. This might be a configuration problem on my server side. As I am new to Liferay my pre configuration might not be sufficient.
What I want to achieve is to authenticate users using the OpenAM SSO token and prevent user from login with just their username and password (at least on first login).

The error I am getting when trying to establish a session using the cookie generate from login in to OpenAM is:
 [http-nio-8080-exec-4][LDAPUserImporterImpl:183] Unable to bind to the LDAP server
14:37:33,489 ERROR [http-nio-8080-exec-7][JSONWebServiceServiceAction:97] Access denied to com.liferay.portal.kernel.service.UserService#getCurrentUser

It somehow works if I use the following code. The reason is probably that I use a (needed, otherwise
CookieSignIn.signIn() 
throws exceptions ) basic session. Which I was trying to avoid. After using the code, I have valid session with a user, but I get authentication errors accessing eg. blog entries using Screenlet or the service class of the SDK:

Map<string, string> headers = new HashMap<string, string>();

headers.put("Cookie", "COOKIE_SUPPORT=true; " + cookie);

Session session = SessionContext.createBasicSession(login, password);

session.setHeaders(headers);
            Session cookieSession = CookieSignIn.signIn(session);
            cookieSession.setHeaders(headers);

SessionContext.createCookieSession(cookieSession);
            cookieSession.setConnectionTimeout(50000);

CurrentUserConnector userConnector = ServiceProvider.getInstance().getCurrentUserConnector(session);

JSONObject jsonObject = userConnector.getCurrentUser();
            Log.d("user",jsonObject.toString());
            User user = new User(jsonObject);
            SessionContext.setCurrentUser(user);
            Log.d("Session", "Logged in: " + SessionContext.isLoggedIn() + " has user info in: " + SessionContext.hasUserInfo() + " has Session: " + SessionContext.getUserId());
            SessionContext.storeCredentials(CredentialsStorageBuilder.StorageType.SHARED_PREFERENCES);
            if( SessionContext.isLoggedIn() &amp;&amp; SessionContext.hasUserInfo()&amp;&amp; SessionContext.getUserId()&gt;0){
                Intent intent = new Intent(this, TestAssetListBlogsActivity.class);
                startActivity(intent);
                }</string,></string,>

So basically I wasn't able to get it correctly working.

Researching this I think I at least know where the problem with the cookie sign in is: In CookieSign Class the
 parseResponse(
			Response response, String server, CookieManager cookieManager,
			String username, String password) 
method tries to extract the auth token. Unfortunately, The response from the server comes from OpenAM and not Liferay:

<meta charset="utf-8">
    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">
    <title>OpenAM</title>

<div id="messages"></div>
    <div id="wrapper">Loading...</div>
    <div id="popup">
        <div id="popup-content" class="radious"></div>
    </div>
    <div id="footer"></div>
    <div id="dialog-background"></div>
    <div id="dialogs"></div>

<script data-main="main" src="libs/requirejs-2.1.14-min.js"></script>

The auth Token
Liferay.authToken
is not found and a misleading position and thus a wrong token is being set:
tml&gt;
<he< code></he<>
<br>The cookieHeader String variable ist correctly (I assume) set: <pre><code>JSESSIONID=2C665A2F73420A298DA1BF51A7307CBD;</code></pre><br><br>So basically it seems that I have 2 problems/questions:<br><ul><li> Is the login using basic authentication required for login? How to disable it and rely complety on OpenAM and cookie authentication for mobile and JSON (without writing custom authentication modules)?</li><li> How to solve the problem with what seems to be a loading or redirection page in OpenAM and use a correct Liferay page and token?</li></ul><br><br>Whoa, that turned out to be more text and code than expected. Sorry for that. I hope I cleared things up a bit. Any help solving my login problems is much appreciated.<br>Thanks