Foren

Liferay 7.0 Staging Remote Live Link points to localhost

Paul Allain, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

Liferay 7.0 Staging Remote Live Link points to localhost

Junior Member Beiträge: 77 Beitrittsdatum: 03.09.13 Neueste Beiträge
After following the configuration described in the Enabling Staging document, I managed to publish to the remote live server but when I try to access the live server from the staging portal I'm directed to localhost.

Remote portal-ext.properties

tunnel.servlet.hosts.allowed=127.0.0.1,SERVER_IP,[my_local_ip],mylocalhostname,myremotehostname
tunneling.servlet.shared.secret=fxff
tunneling.servlet.shared.secret.hex=true
auth.verifier.TunnelingServletAuthVerifier.hosts.allowed=
auth.verifier.pipeline=com.liferay.portal.security.auth.TunnelingServletAuthVerifier,com.liferay.portal.security.auth.BasicAuthHeaderAutoLogin,com.liferay.portal.security.auth.DigestAuthenticationAuthVerifier,com.liferay.portal.security.auth.ParameterAutoLogin,com.liferay.portal.security.auth.PortalSessionAuthVerifier

Staging portal-ext.properties

tunnel.servlet.hosts.allowed=127.0.0.1,SERVER_IP,[my_remote_ip],mylocalhostname,myremotehostname
tunneling.servlet.shared.secret=fxff
tunneling.servlet.shared.secret.hex=true
auth.verifier.TunnelingServletAuthVerifier.hosts.allowed=
auth.verifier.pipeline=com.liferay.portal.security.auth.TunnelingServletAuthVerifier,com.liferay.portal.security.auth.BasicAuthHeaderAutoLogin,com.liferay.portal.security.auth.DigestAuthenticationAuthVerifier,com.liferay.portal.security.auth.ParameterAutoLogin,com.liferay.portal.security.auth.PortalSessionAuthVerifier

I figured I'd put the hostnames in there because I have my portals settings like this:

redirect.url.security.mode=domain
redirect.url.domains.allowed=

Any ideas how to solve this problem?

The other question is how can I change things in the live portal such as the theme? (which is why I am trying to access it from the staging instance)

Many thanks
Paul
~

RE: Liferay 7.0 Remote Live points to localhost

Anyone from Liferay care to shed some light on this issue?

Thanks

So I can assume that staging functionality is broken in 7.0 GA3 along with so many other little, but very annoying, features that make the CE version feel like a demo rather than a real open source product.
thumbnail
Jorge Díaz, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

RE: Liferay 7.0 Staging Remote Live Link points to localhost

Liferay Master Beiträge: 753 Beitrittsdatum: 09.01.14 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Paul,

In your last message, you say Staging Remote is broken:
- What kind of error are you getting during publish operation? Or publish operation works fine?
- If you manually open Live site URL in other browser, does Live site works fine?

The original post explains the problem, when I try accessing the live site from the links provided in the staging site they point to http://localhost:8080. There are no errors in the console.

I tried restarting both servers without much change.

Paul Allain:
So I can assume that staging functionality is broken in 7.0 GA3 along with so many other little, but very annoying, features that make the CE version feel like a demo rather than a real open source product.

I say this because I tried to recreate a new staging setup I first got NullPointerException errors saying there was authentication problems and now there are no errors but I get a danger alert saying the request cannot be completed when I try creating the staging (save on staging page). But this is probably due to some other issues (maybe because I deleted the live site without disconnecting or something)

Can confirm that the same problem happened on a clean twin server install, so it's definitely a bug in 7.0 GA3.
Adam Moor, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

New Member Beitrag: 1 Beitrittsdatum: 04.03.17 Neueste Beiträge
Paul Allain:

Hey Paul,

That's just the nature of the beast, learn to cope with it. Liferay's own staff admit that the product is full of bugs.

It is a bit disheartening to see so many little bugs in the core of the CE version of the portal, pretty sure Liferay would not have shipped DXP with such annoying bugs, and I, sometimes, wonder how far would Liferay have gone if there were such bugs in the core functionalities of Spring or Hibernate or any number of excellent open source frameworks that make up the portal(?).

Adam

Hi Adam,

Yes I agree, after following Liferay for many years it seems that you can only make decent use of it if you pay for an enterprise license. It feels also that there is a double standards approach to how paying and non-paying community members are treated. Imagine that on other open source products such as Linux.

In short it's my firm belief, and a fact, that all successful open source projects have become successful due to support from their respective communities and Liferay is no different. In the internet world things can change very quickly, yes Liferay I'm looking at you.