Foren

Custom Web Content Structures/Templates missing in 7.0.2 GA3?

thumbnail
Zsombor Nagy, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

Custom Web Content Structures/Templates missing in 7.0.2 GA3?

New Member Beiträge: 22 Beitrittsdatum: 22.03.17 Neueste Beiträge
Hey everyone!
I was looking at quite some tutorials about developing a Liferay DXP 7.0 and learned about Web Contents, Structures, Templates, YET found no possibility to develop my own custom structure in the portal app, thus I have no possibility as a developer to create a Web Content Template for general users / admins for filling out Web Contents with specific data.
I mean when creating a new Web Content, I can select a single predefined Structure and that's it. No Add(plus) button...
Is there an alternative way for, let's say, display an article/information with more types of data (each corresponding to it's own style and position on it's own preset field), like unique texts with styles, Pictures, Videos, Carousels, etc.?
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

RE: Custom Web Content Structures/Templates missing in 7.0.2 GA3?

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 6403 Beitrittsdatum: 23.09.08 Neueste Beiträge
Zsombor Nagy:
I was looking at [...] Liferay DXP 7.0

Just nitpicking: As your title says 7.0.2 GA3: Note that Liferay DXP is the enterprise offering, while Liferay 7.x is the community project. To make the confusion complete, there's the flavor "Liferay DXP Digital Enterprise 7".

Zsombor Nagy:
I [...] found no possibility to develop my own custom structure in the portal app

When you go to the Product Menu, Content, Web Content, you can see the web content overview. In the top right corner you'll see a kebap menu (three dots). Click that to reach the structures and templates.
thumbnail
Zsombor Nagy, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

RE: Custom Web Content Structures/Templates missing in 7.0.2 GA3?

New Member Beiträge: 22 Beitrittsdatum: 22.03.17 Neueste Beiträge
Thank you for the clarifications emoticon
I was quite lost and never observed the Kebap menu. I think I might be exploring the possibilities for some more time.
Thanks again! Best wishes and kind regards!