Foren

Using Eclipse IDE with CE 6.1 server, 6.2 server, and 7 server?

Darcey Spears, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

Using Eclipse IDE with CE 6.1 server, 6.2 server, and 7 server?

New Member Beiträge: 7 Beitrittsdatum: 01.12.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,
I am working on upgrading our Liferay 6.1 CE instance to 6.2 and then to 7. However, when I upgraded my Eclipse IDE to the most recent version, which handles the 6.2 and 7 servers, I lost the ability to add a 6.1 server. The existing 6.1 server was deactivated (not even sure how that happened) and when I went to add it back I don't get a 6.1 server adapter option.

Is it possible to use the newer IDE with a 6.1 server?

Any help is appreciated.
thumbnail
Yanan Yuan, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

RE: Using Eclipse IDE with CE 6.1 server, 6.2 server, and 7 server?

Junior Member Beiträge: 89 Beitrittsdatum: 08.10.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hello Darcey,

Liferay IDE 3.0.x doesn't support a 6.1 server anymore. Please refer to the following link for more details:

https://web.liferay.com/group/customer/products/developer-studio/matrix
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

RE: Using Eclipse IDE with CE 6.1 server, 6.2 server, and 7 server?

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1123 Beitrittsdatum: 16.02.10 Neueste Beiträge
Darcey Spears:
Hi,
I am working on upgrading our Liferay 6.1 CE instance to 6.2 and then to 7. However, when I upgraded my Eclipse IDE to the most recent version, which handles the 6.2 and 7 servers, I lost the ability to add a 6.1 server. The existing 6.1 server was deactivated (not even sure how that happened) and when I went to add it back I don't get a 6.1 server adapter option.

Is it possible to use the newer IDE with a 6.1 server?

Any help is appreciated.

Hello Darcey. In Liferay IDE 3.0 we removed the 6.1 Server support. Unfortunately if you need to work with both server types, you will need two installations of Eclipse, one with Liferay IDE 2.2.2 installed and another with IDE 3.0.1 installed so you can work with all 3 server types at the same time.