Foren

Liferay DXP IDE 3.0.0 doesn't recognize Plugins SDK 7

thumbnail
David D Pierovich, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

Liferay DXP IDE 3.0.0 doesn't recognize Plugins SDK 7

Junior Member Beiträge: 26 Beitrittsdatum: 30.06.09 Neueste Beiträge
I cannot create a Liferay project with Liferay Developer Studio (LDS) 3.0.0.201606202116-ga1

In Eclipse Preferences->Liferay there is no dialog to enter the path to the Plugins SDK. The only entries I see are "Debug", "Kaleo Designer", "Kaleo Workflow Validation", "Maven", "Plugin Validation" and "XML Search". "Installed SDKs" is missing.

When creating a Liferay project, e. g. a plugin theme project in LDS, I get the create the dialogue but the create process fails with the following errors in the console window
[indent][Console output redirected to file:C:\lds-maiden\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.liferay.ide.sdk.core\sdk.log]
Buildfile: C:\lds-maiden\workspace\liferay-workspace\com.liferay.portal.plugins.sdk-7.0\themes\MaidenTheme-theme\build.xml
compile:

BUILD FAILED
C:\lds-maiden\workspace\liferay-workspace\com.liferay.portal.plugins.sdk-7.0\build-common.xml:2772: The following error occurred while executing this line:
: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\lds-maiden\workspace\liferay-workspace\com.liferay.portal.plugins.sdk-7.0\build-common.xml:659: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\lds-maiden\workspace\liferay-workspace\com.liferay.portal.plugins.sdk-7.0\build-common.xml:1315: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\lds-maiden\workspace\liferay-workspace\com.liferay.portal.plugins.sdk-7.0\build-common.xml:2285: The module com.liferay.frontend.theme.classic.web does not exist.
[/indent]
I've heard of similar issues in the Community IDE version 3.0.0, but those were fixed in version 3.0.1, which doesn't as yet exist for LDS.

Has anyone figured out how to get this working in Liferay Developer Studio?
thumbnail
Andy Wu, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

RE: Liferay DXP IDE 3.0.0 doesn't recognize Plugins SDK 7

Regular Member Beiträge: 195 Beitrittsdatum: 05.05.15 Neueste Beiträge
hey David , as I konw , plugin-sdk-7.0 doesn't support theme creating any more and if you want to create theme for 7.0 version portal and you can go to https://dev.liferay.com/develop/tutorials/-/knowledge_base/7-0/themes-and-layout-templates

and in ide or studio 3.x we remove the "installed sdks" preference page and only allow one sdk in one eclipse workspace.
thumbnail
David D Pierovich, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 26 Beitrittsdatum: 30.06.09 Neueste Beiträge
So you're telling me that LDS no longer supports authoring themes and that I now have to use that sad command line approach like a Community user? Why would Liferay leave all the menu items in LDS to offer theme creation if this is true? Check out this Liferay Devcon video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtJoSOOJb8c. In the first 50 seconds, Nate Cavanaugh says you can use the new command line method if you want, but that you can still use the IDE and Plugins SDK.

I'm a DXP customer and we're paying for better tooling, right now it's just broken. IMHO command line isn't a better way to do anything when compared to an integrated development environment. I'm hoping someone at Liferay might have a fix for this. It should work.
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1123 Beitrittsdatum: 16.02.10 Neueste Beiträge
David D Pierovich:
So you're telling me that LDS no longer supports authoring themes and that I now have to use that sad command line approach like a Community user? Why would Liferay leave all the menu items in LDS to offer theme creation if this is true? Check out this Liferay Devcon video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtJoSOOJb8c. In the first 50 seconds, Nate Cavanaugh says you can use the new command line method if you want, but that you can still use the IDE and Plugins SDK.

I'm a DXP customer and we're paying for better tooling, right now it's just broken. IMHO command line isn't a better way to do anything when compared to an integrated development environment. I'm hoping someone at Liferay might have a fix for this. It should work.

Hello David,

Creating themes from Developer Studio wizard will be supported in the next version of developer studio. Right now, you can have that functionality in the latest Liferay IDE 3.1 Milestone-1 release here: https://web.liferay.com/downloads/liferay-projects/liferay-ide

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.