Foren

organization history

diego gabriele, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

organization history

New Member Beiträge: 20 Beitrittsdatum: 29.12.14 Neueste Beiträge
Let's say you have got a hierarchical organization structure and you want to move a suborganization from parent organization X to parent organization Y. I need to track the date of this movement so i can retrive organization structure on date DD/YY/YYYY.
How would you track thisusing liferay data structures and services? using expando attributes? Or adding an additional table to liferay standard tables with all the historical information of that organization?

In my mind the ideal API will have a function like OrganizationLocalServiceUtil.getSuborganizations(long companyId, long organizationId, Date date) so the return value would be the list of the suborganization as it was on that date

Any suggestion is welcome.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

RE: organization history

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14919 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
historical data is not supported. you'd have to build this out yourself.
thumbnail
Fernando Fernandez, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

RE: organization history

Expert Beiträge: 396 Beitrittsdatum: 22.08.07 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Diego,

In my experience, organization changes are often more complex than that. You have name changes, splits and fusions too. :-)

But, to answer your question, I suggest you use service builder to store a snapshot of your hierarchy at some date and build your own methods to retrieve the snapshot info based on a date.

HTH

Fernando