Foren

Issues with Liferay 7CE

Toch d Ninja, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

Issues with Liferay 7CE

Regular Member Beiträge: 105 Beitrittsdatum: 30.10.06 Neueste Beiträge
Hi All,

Liferay is a very wonderful product and I have used Liferay over the years and have also contributed immensely to this forum.
Since I am in a developing country, We have used Liferay CE versions to deliver very small scale solutions to Clients who cannot afford Liferay EE.
We also believe that the contributions of the community members in this forum has helped Liferay to be successful.

However, the new Liferay 7 is a slap on our faces ( community members and integrator in developing countries). Since Liferay 7 Its clearly focused on the EE version as the CE version cannot be used for anything, not even a demo.
Its OK that Liferay 7 CE does not support commercial database which is mainly needed for large scale deployments. But the idea of excluding key features that existed in Liferay 6.2 + Social Office 3 from the Liferay 7 CE is like a slap on the faces of Liferay community members who has been faithful to liferay in the past and has contributed to its success.

Most functionalities such Social Office Modules, Document Management, Workflow, Forms, etc was watered down to nothingness in Liferay 7 CE.
MAJOR CONCERNS:
1) Does Liferay expect community members to pay $20k in order to carry out demo and code development with Liferay 7 CE + SO (since liferay 7 claims to contain Social Office) since 30 days trial time is as good as nothing for demo and development??

2) Does Liferay expect that a small company in a developing country will migrate from 6.2 CE to Liferay 7 EE and pay $20k per annum simply because Liferay 7 CE is empty?? Of course NOT, they will say good bye to Liferay.

3) Small companies in developing countries DO NOT need/afford Liferay NOR Sharepoint as a stand alone product since all their needs can be met by wordpress which is 100% free. Popularity of Liferay was more of due to use of Liferay CE as a framework for developing new applications. Liferay 7 EE min cost $20k per annum is actually more expensive than Sharepoint on premise deployment when looking at small companies.
Other products such as Odoo maintains all key modules and functions in their CE versions

4) Lack of little revenue from Lifery CE by implementing Liferay CE by most integrators will reduce the employment rate of Liferay certified developers and this will surely affect Liferay. Its very important to NOTE that most integrators like us have used Liferay CE versions as a framework to create new products for SMEs. In such products, Liferay off-the-shelf modules only account for about 10% of the required functions of the new product created with the Liferay CE.

5) Its better to exclude clustering from Liferay 7 CE and then maintain all existing funtions in Liferay 6.2 + SO since Liferay 7 claims to contain SO. This way community members in developing countries can continue to use Liferay CE and future versions as a framework for web application development and then order Liferay 7 EE for large scale deployments that require clustering since such projects will have the budget.

Regards,
Toch
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

RE: Issues with Liferay 7CE

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14919 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
Toch d Ninja:
However, the new Liferay 7 is a slap on our faces ( community members and integrator in developing countries). Since Liferay 7 Its clearly focused on the EE version as the CE version cannot be used for anything, not even a demo.

Hello. I think maybe you're misunderstanding the reasoning for the changes to Liferay 7 CE. You can read more about why the change was made here: https://web.liferay.com/de/web/bryan.cheung/blog/-/blogs/liferay-portal-7-ce-app-server-database-clustering-support

That aside, Liferay 7 CE will still do all of the main things that 6.2 CE provided, so I don't understand what you mean when you say it can't be used for anything. Demos still work too, so maybe you could explain a little more about what you are missing.

But the idea of excluding key features that existed in Liferay 6.2 + Social Office 3 from the Liferay 7 CE is like a slap on the faces of Liferay community members who has been faithful to liferay in the past and has contributed to its success.

SO has basically been merged into the core, it's not removed from CE specifically. The features from SO that folks were using got integrated into the core and they should be there for you to leverage.

Most functionalities such Social Office Modules, Document Management, Workflow, Forms, etc was watered down to nothingness in Liferay 7 CE.

The changes you see in these are actually the same that you find in Liferay DXP. There certainly is not a watering down, some things were moved and needed changes were implemented, but the full functionality is still in there.

1) Does Liferay expect community members to pay $20k in order to carry out demo and code development with Liferay 7 CE + SO (since liferay 7 claims to contain Social Office) since 30 days trial time is as good as nothing for demo and development??

No. You're free to continue using CE for demos and development, etc. Some SO features have been integrated into the core while others have been discarded. You're not going to get much more from DXP in that area.

2) Does Liferay expect that a small company in a developing country will migrate from 6.2 CE to Liferay 7 EE and pay $20k per annum simply because Liferay 7 CE is empty?? Of course NOT, they will say good bye to Liferay.

3) Liferay 7 EE min cost $20k per annum is actually more expensive than Sharepoint on premise deployment when looking at small companies with less than 50 employees.

I don't know where this figure comes from, but you might want to reach out to sales and discuss with them directly about costs and expectations.

4) Lack of little revenue from Lifery CE by implementing Liferay CE by most integrator will also kill their morale to contribute to this forum and this will surely affect Liferay

Which contributions of yours are you referring to? Not trying to be harsh, but https://web.liferay.com/web/guest/community/forums/-/message_boards/recent-posts?_19_groupThreadsUserId=27091 shows that you've only posted in 7 different threads in the last 365 days and they were all questions, not really contributions.

This is normal and expected for folks new to Liferay, so this is not intended to be any sort of slam. But at the same time, you can't really argue that there is a risk of losing contributions that simply aren't there.

5) Liferay is not loosing revenue if integrator charge minimal fees to deploy or integrate Liferay CE for small companies who do not require large scale critical deployments such as internal or external websites. What Liferay will loose is popularity and open source advantage. Liferay will be like Sharepoint and will only be know by big companies. Other products such as Odoo maintains all key modules and functions in their CE versions.

The problem wasn't due to loss of revenue. As I understand it the problem was with the integrators - they sell a company on their products and services based on CE, do their work and then leave. The company is left with an unsupported product, they get turned away from Liferay support because there's no contract, and that does damage to the Liferay brand. Some integrators got contracts w/ the companies based on CE but then, in a "bait and switch" sort of move, would tell the company that certain requirements could only be satisfied by going to EE and again the Liferay brand suffers.

Liferay still supports the CE line and still provides all of the key modules and functions in CE, so your argument that they are not covered is basically wrong.

6) Its better to exclude clustering from Liferay 7 CE and future CE versions and then maintain all existing funtions in Liferay 6.2 + SO since Liferay 7 claims to contain SO. This way community members in developing countries can continue to integrate Liferay & CE and future versions for small companies and then order Liferay 7 EE for large scale deployments that require clustering since such projects will have the budget.

Um, that's kind of what they did.

Hi David,

Thanks for your feedback.

However, the link you sent in your responce further confirms my point of view. most comments on that link are not happy with Liferay on the changes made on Liferay 7. All the efforts on that link to justify such changes still didnt make the contributors happy.

Also, I am not new from Liferay. I am a CEO of an ICT company in Africa and very experienced senior Java/Liferay Developer. My Clients cant afford Liferay EE but we have used Liferay to create many wonderful applications for small businesses here.

Please note that most small companies around here dont really need Liferay as is. They only use it because we have built a huge product using Liferay as a framework (NOT Product) and we have done this with other open source platforms too.

Liferay 7 came with huge changes from previous versions, hence asking questions about Liferay 7 does not mean that one is a new to Liferay.
I first downloaded Liferay when it was still a baby in 2005 and has been using it since then because we saw the future in it.

Using Liferay CE and asking questions here is a huge contribution because thousands of people got solutions from the questions asked on this forum. This is how Liferay learns about bugs and gets them fixed.
Its very unfair for you to only consider codes submitted as contributions to Liferay.

I already discussed with the Liferay Sales Head for Africa and that was how I got the pricing for Liferay 7 EE

I have not seen Liferay 7 DXP nor Liferay 7EE. But I have seen Liferay 6.2 CE + SOcial Office 3 and I have seen Liferay 7 CE.

In my opinion, Liferay 6.2 CE + Social Office 3 is a far better product than Liferay 7 CE (for now). I dont know how many people have successfully migrated 6.2 CE + SO 3 to 7 CE.

Regards,
Toch.
thumbnail

Toch d Ninja:
However, the link you sent in your responce further confirms my point of view. most comments on that link are not happy with Liferay on the changes made on Liferay 7. All the efforts on that link to justify such changes still didnt make the contributors happy.

As with all things in life, you can't make everyone happy. Plus I don't think the post was intended to make everyone happy, it was meant to explain why the changes were made.

Using Liferay CE and asking questions here is a huge contribution because thousands of people got solutions from the questions asked on this forum. This is how Liferay learns about bugs and gets them fixed. Its very unfair for you to only consider codes submitted as contributions to Liferay.

I don't consider contributions to be limited to just code submission. I think we can agree that contributions come in the form of question answers, blog posts, documentation submissions as well as code. I don't consider questions to be contributions because they offer little to the community; answers, however, do provide value to the community at large.

In my opinion, Liferay 6.2 CE + Social Office 3 is a far better product than Liferay 7 CE (for now).

So then stick with 6.2. Just as always it is not going to be supported or developed further by Liferay, but you're free to continue using 6.2.

I personally disagree with your assessment though. I like the new SPA like features of the Liferay pages as well as many of the other changes (the alloy editor, for example).

I dont know how many people have successfully migrated 6.2 CE + SO 3 to 7 CE.

Well just because they don't come here announcing their accomplishments doesn't mean it isn't happening. I've been a part of multiple upgrades this year so I can assure you they are happening successfully.

Hi,

However, your responses are rather harsh. You just continue to attack me without addressing the comments I made.

Also, I have a lot of Liferay certified programmers in my team both within and outside Africa and that is a huge contribution.
Do not limit your sense of contribution. In an open source frame work like this, you will not really understand the value chain that Liferay community members bring to the table.

Furthermore, I think my questions contributes more to Liferay growth than your kind of answers.

Never under estimate the value of community members in an open source framework and think that their happiness with the product does not mean anything.

Please note that most integrators like us use Liferay as a framework to create a new product whereby the off the shelf functions of Liferay CE is just like 10% of the new product created and we provide support for all our products. These products are very cheap and affordable by our SMEs. Small companies in developing countries DON'T need/afford Liferay As an end product, they will surely use WordPress developers for all their web needs.

Hence, its not the integrators that are stopping them from using Liferay EE.
Hence I do not understand this whole parade about integrators making Liferay brand to suffer.
Liferay EE can only be afforded by very large companies in a developing country like ours, and this is limited to such companies that want to use Liferay as an end product AND NOT as a Framework.

I am still awaiting a more reasonable and professional response to my initial comments.

Regards,
Toch
thumbnail

Sorry, my responses were not intended to be an attack.

Harsh, maybe, but I tend to be quite blunt and sometimes the difference between the two gets a little muddled.

As far as a professional response, I feel like I have been respectful and addressed all of your criticisms without a hint of grievance.

I'm not sure what you expect here...

Liferay is a very wonderful product. I did not criticize Liferay as a product.
I only raised concerns about the future of Liferay CE as framework.

Some of us started using Liferay CE as a framework at the time when the EE version did NOT exist. Now that the Liferay EE and DXP has become very big products.
Can the CE continue to serve as a framework and maintain functions and modules available in previous versions because this is not currently possible in version 7 CE.

Eg can a user open, view and edit a file in a Liferay CE 7.0 Document Management module? But this is available in the 7.0 EE version.

Rergards,
Toch.
thumbnail

I'm with you there, brother. I've been using Liferay since 4.2 days and you can find my posts going all the way back...

I'm not sure about the live editing in 7CE, but I didn't think that was a DXP-only feature.
thumbnail
Milen Dyankov, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 310 Beitrittsdatum: 30.10.12 Neueste Beiträge
Can the CE continue to serve as a framework and maintain functions and modules available in previous versions because this is not currently possible in version 7 CE.

Would you mind specifying what functions and modules (apart from clustering and commercial databases support) were in 6.2 and are no longer available in 7.0?

I'm not trying to attack you here, just trying to bring the discussion down to facts that can be addressed.

Best regards,
Milen

Hi,

I think you have already mentioned two huge limitations that are not fair to those of US using Liferay CE as a framework. These 2 limitations you mentioned will surely prevent 90% of those using previous versions of Liferay CE as a framework from upgrading to Liferay 7 CE.
88% of this 90% of this group will still NOT get the Liferay EE because they dont need it OR cant afford it due to the kind of environment/project where the previous CE version was used.

I also noticed other limitations:
Eg. Liferay 7 CE Document Management module does not allow users to open and view a document within the module. But this is possible in the Liferay 7 EE.
Also, there was NO chat module in Liferay 7 CE. Workflow module also has limitations in the 7 CE.
Many other portlets that existed in Social Office 3 module either had limited functions or did not exist at all in Liferay 7 CE.

Liferay 7 CE cannot be used in any real live project not even as a framework. From the response so far and the response on the link provided by David, I guess this was intention of Liferay.

What do you think will happen to the Liferay Certified developers in my team if Liferay can no longer be used as a framework in my Company?
Buying the EE is NOT the only way of contributing to the Liferay value chain.

In a developing country, Using Liferay as a framework to create new products provides more job opportunities for Liferay developers than just deploying the EE version as an end product.

In my humble opinion/recommendation:
Excluding support for commercial database is fine for Liferay 7 CE. But all the functionalities in Liferay 6.2 + SO 3 is expected to be improved on Liferay 7 CE (not reduced).
Also, clustering can also be allowed in 7 CE. Using Liferay 7 CE with MySQL and other free database is also good (i think this is already available).
Any entity that wants Liferay on commercial database will be able to afford Liferay EE.

These will make the liferay community and also make Liferay happy.

Regards,
Toch
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 3089 Beitrittsdatum: 28.10.08 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Toch.

I agree about having community happy (I think we are doing bad lately), and agree with you about removing some features on Liferay 7 comparing to Liferay 6.2 (although that you said of editing documents isn't true).

As Bryan Cheung needs to collect all the community feedback about these decisions, please, can you add a comment in the blog post here? https://web.liferay.com/web/bryan.cheung/blog/-/blogs/liferay-portal-7-ce-app-server-database-clustering-support.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for your wonderful feedback.

I will add my comment to the post link you provided.
Kindly confirm with clarity, the functions that are available in Liferay 7.0 CE Document Management with respect to view, open and edit of document.

Regards,
Toch
thumbnail

Hi again.

Toch d Ninja:
Hi,
Thanks for your wonderful feedback.
I will add my comment to the post link you provided.

Toch d Ninja:

Kindly confirm with clarity, the functions that are available in Liferay 7.0 CE Document Management with respect to view, open and edit of document.
Regards,
Toch

Now I am confused. I am not aware of any document editing feature not present in CE. Please can you clarify which steps which you can do in DXP and can't in Liferay 7 CE regarding editing documents?

Thanks!

Hi,

I am not able to open/view MS Word, Excel, etc files that was uploaded to Liferay 7 CE Document Management module.

Please note that I also mentioned other issues apart from the above.

Regards,
Toch
thumbnail
Jamie Sammons, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 301 Beitrittsdatum: 05.09.14 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Toch,

I wanted to provide an update on Social Office and try to help with some of the things you have mentioned.

Social Office to Liferay 7 Upgrade - We are working on providing a series of component releases, an upgrade tool and a set of upgrade instructions that will aid in moving any Liferay 6.2/SO 3.1 installations over to Liferay 7. Here is what some of that will look like. We hope to have the info published towards the first of next year so stay tuned:

Social Office Themes - The Social Office Theme has been removed entirely and the Social Office Upgrade Tool will change over to using the out of the box Classic theme and supports using custom themes. The source for the Social Office 3 theme is still available here and can be migrated to 7 by one of your Liferay Certified developers if need be.

Social Office Site Templates - These will be carried forward as a part of the upgrade and will work in a similar fashion as they did in Liferay 6.2/SO 3. For a fresh installation of Liferay 7 if you do decide to use a custom theme for Liferay 7 you can recreate the SO Site Templates using the resource importer in the theme.

Customized Liferay Portal Apps - Announcements Document Library Enhancements, Notifications and Bookmarks had specific customizations for Social Office and these have been merged into Liferay 7. The Chat application is waiting for changes in Liferay Portal 7.0 CE GA4 and will be released once it comes out (given our 6 month cycle for CE releases should be around February).

Social Office specific Apps - Microblogs, Contacts Center and SO User Profile are in Liferay 7 out of the box. Private Messaging, Event List and WYSIWYG are being worked on and will be provided as Marketplace apps when they are ready. The Tasks application has been removed but the source is available here and can be updated by one of your developers to Liferay 7 pretty easily.

Social Office UX enhancements - The SO Dashboard, SO Profile and User bar have been replaced by the Liferay 7 Control Panel and the Go To Menu has been replaced by the My Sites application and can be added to a custom theme in Liferay 7 which is how Go To was created in Liferay 6.2/SO 3

Clustering in Liferay 7 - Clustering in Liferay Portal CE wasn’t all that good to begin with hence the plugin in Liferay Portal EE that fixed it. This is actually part of the reason it was removed because it tended to cause more harm than good. I have seen some instances where other’s are offloading this to an external cache server which is probably ideal anyways.

Document Management Open and View a Document - To be honest I’m not seeing how to do this in Liferay 6.2/SO 3. Would you provide some more detailed steps on how this works and I will see if I can figure out what’s going on. Is it something you can do from the screen in the attached image?

Sorry for the long winded response. Hope this helps!
-Jamie

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. You can see that the Document Management in SO 3 on 6.2 that you attached have several buttons that can enable you to view or download or edit or checkin/checkout the document.

I have attached the screen view of Liferay 7 CE Document Management. It got NON of those buttons!!

I have also attached the SO Profile in Liferay 7 CE, I am not able to make microblog entries. I am logged in as super admin. Is there something else I need to do to get these things to work??

Regards,
Toch
thumbnail

Seems you are confused about the new Liferay 7/DXP user interface.

You said some posts ago:

I also noticed other limitations:
Eg. Liferay 7 CE Document Management module does not allow users to open and view a document within the module. But this is possible in the Liferay 7 EE.

And I asked you to attach Liferay 7 EE /DXP) screenshots so you can show those buttons you said exists. You just attached Liferay 7 CE screenshots. Can you attach them?

Thanks.

Hi,

I am not confused. This post is about limitations of Liferay 7 CE compared with Liferay 6.2 CE + SO 3 OR with Liferay 6.2EE + SO 3.

You have posted a screen shot of Liferay 6.2 so I posted a screen shot of Liferay 7 CE so you can compare and see the limitations that exists on Liferay 7 CE.
The browser I am using is firefox. Are you saying that issue with browser is the only thing preventing me from having full functions on Document Management on Liferay 7CE? please clarify.

I also mentioned other issues with the SO module on Liferay 7 CE.
When I viewed Liferay 7 EE sometime ago, everything on it was perfect (I no longer have access to get Liferay 7 EE screen shot). At least I could view the files (cant remember if i viewed it without using any button)

Also, there is NO "Save" button for the Microblog Status Update that will enable a use to post an entry on the microblog.

Regards,
Toch
thumbnail

Toch d Ninja:
Hi,
I am not confused. This post is about limitations of Liferay 7 CE compared with Liferay 6.2 CE + SO 3 OR with Liferay 6.2EE + SO 3.

Well, as I said before, in some of your previous post you compared Liferay 7 CE vs Liferay 7 EE, here is what yo said:

Toch d Ninja:

Eg can a user open, view and edit a file in a Liferay CE 7.0 Document Management module? But this is available in the 7.0 EE version.

Seems you confused the second Liferay 7 EE and wanted to say Liferay 6.2 EE, is that true?

Toch d Ninja:

You have posted a screen shot of Liferay 6.2 EE so I posted a screen shot of Liferay 7 CE so you can compare and see the limitations that exists on Liferay 7 CE.

Ooops, it wasn't me, it was Jamie, which is helping here too.

About your issue, I think what you want is an icon where you can click when viewing your documents list. It should be in the bottom-right part of each document (having default document list view).This icon looks like 3 little points stacked one onto another.

Please check the screenshot I've attached.

Regards,
Toch

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. Please confirm if your last screen shot came from Liferay 7 CE.

You can see that my own Liferay 7 CE looks different from yours and the 3 dots you mentioned dont exist in my own default view. Also I think these 3 dots are not good enough as they cant be noticed by a user. (I think the buttons that existed in 6.2 are far better).

Please also respond to other issues I raised regarding other limitations on Social Office, Workflow, Chat, etc..

pheeew.. this is exusting.. with so many posts here yet the issues are not yet addressed.

I think accepting Liferay CE has huge limitations is the first step you guys have to take in order to resolve the issues I raised.

Regards,
Toch
thumbnail

Toch d Ninja:
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. Please confirm if your last screen shot came from Liferay 7 CE.

It's from latest master branch, but these look should be the same from last available CE version.

Toch d Ninja:

You can see that my own Liferay 7 CE looks different from yours and the 3 dots you mentioned dont exist in my own default view.

Sorry, both views aren't from the same view. Your screenshot seems to come from clicking on the document, which is different than mine (just clicking on Document to see all document list). Probably both views would be the same if you click on "back" link ("<" symbol) that shows just before the document name (....docx) in the screenshot you attached.

Toch d Ninja:

Also I think these 3 dots are not good enough as they cant be noticed by a user. (I think the buttons that existed in 6.2 are far better).

That's subjective, everyone have a different opinion, and that's fine.

Toch d Ninja:

Please also respond to other issues I raised regarding other limitations on Social Office, Workflow, Chat, etc..

About Social Office, I think Jamie gave you a great answer before Please read it carefully.
About Workflow, don't know which features you miss. As David answered before, I agree that all workflow features in DXP exists in CE. If not, please show which ones aren't.
About chat, it exists in master branch, so it should be available in next 7 CE.

Toch d Ninja:

pheeew.. this is exusting.. with so many posts here yet the issues are not yet addressed.

It would be easier for everyone if you could read all the answers Jamie and David already gave you and then continue the conversation in an ordered way.

Hi,

Please It seems you guys have not even looked at Liferay 7 CE before responding to my comments above. The version of Liferay you have used in the screen shot is clearly NOT Liferay 7 CE. The dots you mentioned in the default view DOES NOT exist in my own CE version which i downloaded clean from Liferay.

Secondly, Liferay 7 CE claims to have been bundled with Social Office.

Now I opened the social office portlets in Liferay 7 CE and they are not usable. So many modules in Liferay 7 CE also have huge limitations to the point that it cant even used for demo no to even mention a small scale project. Like I said earlier, Liferay 7 CE is a slap to the faces of majority Liferay Community members who cannot afford Liferay 7 EE.

And the previous posts are saying I have to migrate Liferay 6.2 CE + SO 3 to Liferay 7CE before I can use Liferay 7 CE Social Office modules.

THAT IS NOT A SOLUTION. Liferay 7 CE is expected to work fine on its own.

I have attached image of the default view of the documents and I have hovered a mouse on it. Please point out the 3 dot links for me!!

Regards,
Toch
thumbnail

Toch d Ninja:

Please It seems you guys have not even looked at Liferay 7 CE before responding to my comments above. The version of Liferay you have used in the screen shot is clearly NOT Liferay 7 CE.

It's :-). Don't know why you "clearly" see that, but it's. It's not DXP for sure.

Toch d Ninja:

The dots you mentioned in the default view DOES NOT exist in my own CE version which i downloaded clean from Liferay.

Ok this screenshot confirms you can't see icon for selecting an option for a document. We should investigate this.

Hi,

Please go through the entire Liferay 7 CE.

many important limitations like this exist in so many modules.

I have also mentioned that the Social Office portlets in Liferay 7CE is a far cry of what its supposed to be. You can see from my previous screen shot that I cannot even make a microblog entry.

So also is the Workflow, Forms, etc and so many other modules in Liferay 7 CE have huge limitations.

Regards,
Toch

Hi Juan,

Complements.
Please confirm if and when an updated version of Liferay 7 CE can be released that will resolve all the current huge limitations.
You can also send me an email so we can discuss this privately if that is preferred by you.

Regards,
Toch
thumbnail

Toch d Ninja:
Hi,

I am not able to open/view MS Word, Excel, etc files that was uploaded to Liferay 7 CE Document Management module.

Please note that I also mentioned other issues apart from the above.

Regards,
Toch

Hi Toch. This is not (or should not have to be) related to using Liferay DXP or Liferay 7. Microsoft's ActiveX for editing MS Word documents isn't available on IE 64 bit browsers. Are you able to see those links? Can you attach a screenshot of those links for editing that are showing in DXP and not in Liferay 7 CE?

Thanks!
n h, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 3 Beitrittsdatum: 08.08.15 Neueste Beiträge
For all who search for Liferay 7 features and limitations (especially core features like clustering), there is a long conversation (updating from time to time) and many useful guidance here:
https://web.liferay.com/web/bryan.cheung/blog/-/blogs/liferay-portal-7-ce-app-server-database-clustering-support

Hi All,

I think we have been discussing this issue for too long. Limitation on clustering is not just the issue. If we are saying that the Liferay CE version has limitations in most of its modules and cannot be used for anything and not even a demo, then the expectation is that a new version of the CE is released with all the issues resolved.

In the past, Liferay CE did not have such huge limitations. Its so unfair for Liferay to continue to make discussions and excuses for such huge lapses. The future of Liferay community depends on how soon this issue is resolved.

Action is needed, not just talks.

Regards,
Toch