Foren

Troubleshooting Token Based SSO

Joel Morris, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

Troubleshooting Token Based SSO

New Member Beiträge: 4 Beitrittsdatum: 16.12.16 Neueste Beiträge
We are in the process of migrating to Liferay 7.0 GA3. We had been using Liferay 6 before and were using the Site Minder authentication option in that release. So, we are migrating to the Token Based SSO now. I have followed the steps for setting up the Token Based SSO from

https://dev.liferay.com/discover/deployment/-/knowledge_base/7-0/token-based-single-sign-on-authentication

However, it isn't working and I'm not sure what the problem is. So, I'm trying to figure out what the best way to troubleshoot the problem is. I've tried enabling DEBUG for com.liferay.portal.security.sso, but the only information I get from that is the Ntlm filter stuff, which we aren't using. I can't seem to find any useful logging info. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks..Joel

RE: Troubleshooting Token Based SSO

Hi

I found out why it wasn't working. We are automating our Liferay deploys with puppet. As part of that we were trying to automatically setup the Token Based SSO by putting the module configuration in the <liferay home>/osgi/modules directory. The file was named as follows and I could see the configuration if I went into system settings. However, it wouldn't actually do the token based sso.

com.liferay.portal.security.sso.token.configuration.TokenConfiguration.cfg

If I remove the file from osgi/modules and manually configure it, then it works fine. Once I had it working I exported the config from system setttings and tried to put it back in place and it still failed. So, something about reading the config from the file is causing it to break, but I have no idea what it is.

Thanks..Joel
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14919 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
I think there was an issue with the formatting of arrays in the cfg file. If you rename to use the .config extension, does that work for you?

It doesn't look that that fixed it. It seems like if I do that it doesn't read the .config at all. At least when I go into system properties and look it doesn't seem to have any of the changes.

Thanks..joel