Foren

Liferay portlet versioning

Mika Muurinen, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

Liferay portlet versioning

New Member Beiträge: 2 Beitrittsdatum: 23.09.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hello,

we are planning to have multiple Liferay instances, which has set of certain portlet versions. E.g one Liferay instance has portlet X versions 1.0 - 2.0 and the second instance has portlet X versions 3.0 - 4.0. Also, admin is not able to use earlier versions in the second portal instance.

I'd like to know easiest way to handle portlet versioning in instances. Any suggestions?

Br,
Mika
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

RE: Liferay portlet versioning

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14916 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
Yeah, I'd avoid this kind of thing.

What you have are two different portlets, one for instance X and another for instance Y.

Don't try to get fancy w/ version handling nonsense, just see it as it is and keep things simple.
thumbnail
Fernando Fernandez, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 396 Beitrittsdatum: 22.08.07 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Mika,

I don't disagree with making it as simple as possible, but if you really need to have different versions of portlets running in different Liferay instances I'd suggest that you take care of this outside Liferay. For example: in instance A you need version 2, so you checkout that version from your version control system (svn, git, whatever), compile it and copy it to instance A "deploy" folder. This can be achieved very simply with shell scripts or with something like Jenkins.

HTH

Fernando
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14916 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
This only works if "instances" are separate servers; if they are two instances in the same Liferay server this is not going to work.
thumbnail
Fernando Fernandez, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 396 Beitrittsdatum: 22.08.07 Neueste Beiträge
David H Nebinger:
This only works if "instances" are separate servers; if they are two instances in the same Liferay server this is not going to work.

Right. I read "instances" but only thought of "servers".

Fernando