Foren

How to connect to local repository liferay

Subhagnanam A, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

How to connect to local repository liferay

Junior Member Beiträge: 50 Beitrittsdatum: 25.02.16 Neueste Beiträge
When i try to connect to a file system by giving the value in "href" in web content it throws below error,

"Not allowed to load local resource".
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

RE: How to connect to local repository liferay

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 6396 Beitrittsdatum: 23.09.08 Neueste Beiträge
Subhagnanam A:
When i try to connect to a file system by giving the value in "href" in web content it throws below error,

"Not allowed to load local resource".

Correct. You don't want any web-resource (loaded through http) to be able to reference your local disk. Publish the resources through HTTP instead of the file:/// protocol, which would be limited to a very particular computer or network connectivity anyways.
Subhagnanam A, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 50 Beitrittsdatum: 25.02.16 Neueste Beiträge
No but i need to publish in file:// .Is there any way to publish.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 6396 Beitrittsdatum: 23.09.08 Neueste Beiträge
Subhagnanam A:
No but i need to publish in file:// .Is there any way to publish.

It's a security feature of your browser, not of Liferay. You might be able to configure your browser in a way that this behavior is allowed, for a specific site (your Liferay installation), but you don't want this feature to be enabled for all sites everywhere.

The good news is that it's probably only your personal browser that you'll need to configure, as file:// access is naturally bound to be able to access those files. Do not demand this from more users than yourself - you would demand that they loosen the security of their browsers, just for accessing some files. It's trivial to install a webserver that serves the files you want through http - everything else is a workaround.

And if you want to go this "workaround" route: You'll need to check the documentation of / ask the community around your preferred browser.