Foren

64bit version of Life Ray sync

Brett Laniosh, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

64bit version of Life Ray sync

New Member Beiträge: 5 Beitrittsdatum: 29.11.15 Neueste Beiträge
This is not the first time I've had problem updating LiferaySync 64bit version.
From the client, I get a message that a new version is ready to be installed. On install it says that I need to install the 64bit version.
I go to the web and download liferay-sync-3.3.0-ga1-20160815164542790-x64.msi
When I try and install it says I need the 64bit version!!!!!
thumbnail
Dennis Ju, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

RE: 64bit version of Life Ray sync

Regular Member Beiträge: 228 Beitrittsdatum: 30.09.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Brett,

Do you know if you're running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows? If you're not sure, you can check under "Control Panel" -> "System and Security" -> "System", then look under the "System type" field.

How did you get around this problem before?

Thanks,
Dennis

I am running Windows 10 64bit version.
I think I may have completely removed LRS in the past but the upgrade from 3.1.1 defintely will not install

This is the downloaded file liferay-sync-3.3.0-ga1-20160815164542790-x64.msi that is will not install on the 64bit version of Windows 10
thumbnail

1) Can you provide the exact text of the error message?

2) Can you provide the MSI installation log?

To create the log, run the following in the command prompt:

cd %HOMEPATH%\desktop (or wherever the msi file is)
msiexec /i liferay-sync-3.3.0-ga1-20160815164542790-x64.msi /l*v sync-install.log

After running through the install steps and encountering the error, please either attach the log to this thread or e-mail it to sync-feedback@liferay.com.

1) Liferay Sync (x64) Setup
The installation package is not supported on 64-bit machines. Please download the x64 version of Liferay Sync

2) Error log Emailed to sync-feedback@liferay.com.
thumbnail

I'm not sure how/why, but the currently installed Sync 3.1.1 is the 32-bit version. The upgrade is failing because the uninstaller for the 32-bit version is failing to run.

Did you recently upgrade from a 32-bit version of Windows to the 64-bit version of Windows 10? That's the only situation I can think of that would allow the 32-bit version to be installed.

To upgrade, follow the steps below. Alternatively, you can just run steps 2 and 3 (uninstall and reinstall) if you want to start fresh instead of upgrading.

1) Rename the data folder located at C:\Users\<your-user-name>\.liferay-sync-3. You can run the following from the command prompt:
move %homepath%\.liferay-sync-3 %homepath%\.liferay-sync-3-backup

2) Uninstall the existing Liferay Sync through "Add Or Remove Programs". If this fails due to the same error (installation package is not supported...), try using CCleaner to uninstall the app.

3) Install Liferay Sync 3.3.0.

4) Shut down Liferay Sync (it will automatically launch after the installation in step 3).

5) Delete the newly created data folder:
rmdir /s %homepath%\.liferay-sync-3

6) Move the previous folder back
move %homepath%\.liferay-sync-3-backup %homepath%\.liferay-sync-3

7) Run Liferay Sync

Dennis Ju:
Did you recently upgrade from a 32-bit version of Windows to the 64-bit version of Windows 10? That's the only situation I can think of that would allow the 32-bit version to be installed.

Yes it is a 64bit upgraded version of W10

1) Rename the data folder located at C:\Users\<your-user-name>\.liferay-sync-3. You can run the following from the command prompt:
move %homepath%\.liferay-sync-3 %homepath%\.liferay-sync-3-backup - DONE NO ERROR

2) Uninstall the existing Liferay Sync through "Add Or Remove Programs". If this fails due to the same error (installation package is not supported...), try using CCleaner to uninstall the app. - THE INSTALLATION PACKAGE IS NOT SUPPORTED (SAME MESSAGE IN CCLEANER)...
thumbnail

Can you try using IObit Uninstaller. It looks like this IObit can force uninstall applications.

I've created SYNC-1676 to track this issue.

IObit installer was run and the uninstall option failed again. I was however offered a "deep" removal option and that finally allowed me to uninstall the 32bit version of LRS.
Many thanks for your support.