Foren

how to upgrade from 6.0.5 to 6.0.6

thumbnail
Amit Aggarwal, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

how to upgrade from 6.0.5 to 6.0.6

Junior Member Beiträge: 87 Beitrittsdatum: 20.08.10 Neueste Beiträge
I've done some searches on Google, but haven't found a clear answer. this may be a really dumb question, but I've never done any upgrade in Liferay. What's the method for upgrading? Do you just backup your DB and application home, and then deploy the latest WAR for liferay? same for the plugins? does it upgrade during the startup process?
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

RE: how to upgrade from 6.0.5 to 6.0.6

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 3089 Beitrittsdatum: 28.10.08 Neueste Beiträge
Depends on how is your Liferay system configured.

First of all, DB backup, of course.

Then backup all the Liferay filesystem (default is in data directory depending on your application server), such as document library (if configured to be that way), lucene indexes, etc.

Then you should simply deploy, and database should be upgraded without any problem (see logs to catch an errors).
thumbnail
Tamas Imrei, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 5 Beitrittsdatum: 26.07.10 Neueste Beiträge
here's how I've done it after backing up everything:

- copied the new version (6.0.6) of liferay to a directory (I've built my own, but I'm pretty sure it works with a downloaded bundle as well)
- copied the complete /data directory content from the old (6.0.5) to the new version,
- set the database access to the same as the old db (I use PostgreSQL, set up in ROOT.xml, and in portal-ext.properties as the JDBC/Liferay pool)
- started up the new server, and it upgraded everything.

check the installed plugins from the control panel for upgrades.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 7942 Beitrittsdatum: 24.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
In case you've build your own custom plugins,
6.0.5 plugins should work with 6.0.6 too.

That aside, I sure hope the train will at least be running today here in Tokyo. I sure don't want to walk 40 miles to get home in this weather.
wiplier fx, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

New Member Beitrag: 1 Beitrittsdatum: 08.06.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hello everybody,

I think some indexes creation are missed in the SQL file : update-6.0.5-6.0.6-mysql.sql,

During the first start of liferay after migrated to 6.0.6, they are created with the exceution of BaseDB.java but thinking about the mysql account that they don't have right to execute create tables, alter tables or create index emoticon

create index IX_DCD1FAC1 on JournalArticleResource (uuid_);
create unique index IX_84AB0309 on JournalArticleResource (uuid_, groupId);
create unique index IX_E4F84168 on SocialEquityGroupSetting (groupId, classNameId, type_);

Am I right ?
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 7942 Beitrittsdatum: 24.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
the mysql account that they don't have right to execute create tables, alter tables or create index

If you haven't given them rights, Liferay isn't going to error.
Alexandru Ionita, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 4 Beitrittsdatum: 23.03.11 Neueste Beiträge
I'm trying to update from v6.0.5 to 6.0.6.
Liferay 6.0.6 with all the applications deployed, it's working fine on the default DB context, but after restoring the 6.0.5 database I'm getting this error:

12:53:36,890 ERROR [ContextLoader:220] Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'com.liferay.portal.kernel.scheduler.SchedulerEngine' defined in class path resource [META-INF/scheduler-spring.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: TRANSACTIONAL_CACHE_ENABLED
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1420)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:519)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:456)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:291)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:222)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:288)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:190)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:580)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:895)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:425)
at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:276)
at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:197)
at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:47)
at com.liferay.portal.spring.context.PortalContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(PortalContextLoaderListener.java:47)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4135)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4630)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:791)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:771)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:546)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:637)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptors(HostConfig.java:563)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:498)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1277)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:321)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1053)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:785)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:445)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:519)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:581)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:289)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:414)
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: TRANSACTIONAL_CACHE_ENABLED
at com.liferay.portal.cache.transactional.TransactionalPortalCacheHelper.begin(TransactionalPortalCacheHelper.java:32)
at com.liferay.portal.spring.transaction.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:76)
at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ChainableMethodAdvice.invoke(ChainableMethodAdvice.java:58)
at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ChainableMethodAdvice.invoke(ChainableMethodAdvice.java:58)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:89)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)
at $Proxy62.checkQuartzTables(Unknown Source)
at com.liferay.portal.scheduler.quartz.QuartzSchedulerEngineImpl.afterPropertiesSet(QuartzSchedulerEngineImpl.java:68)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeCustomInitMethod(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1544)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1485)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1417)
... 37 more
Jul 15, 2011 12:53:37 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Error listenerStart
Jul 15, 2011 12:53:37 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start

I couldn't find a reason so far for this error.
Frank Dux, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 16 Beitrittsdatum: 04.02.08 Neueste Beiträge
Try re-uploading the jar files into apache-tomcat/lib and apache-tomcat/lib/ext. If you used the 6.0.5 jar files for the 6.0.6 installation accidentally, such an error could be thrown.