Foren

Liferay 7 Theme Problem

Ravi Shankar, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

Liferay 7 Theme Problem

Junior Member Beiträge: 40 Beitrittsdatum: 13.07.16 Neueste Beiträge
Hi All
In Liferay 7 if i create new theme by default it is taking styled and Ftl language but i want classic with velocity markup Language so plz suggest me what i should do also i am doing migration of theme so According to suggestion i followed all steps like , yo liferay-theme:import , gulp upgrade ,gulp build , gulp deploy... etc i got all Scss file , backup folder and also i got success msg in console after theme deployment , but if i apply migrated theme on localhost it is not effecting so plz suggest me what i should do...
thumbnail
Armaz Mellati, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

RE: Liferay 7 Theme Problem

Junior Member Beiträge: 96 Beitrittsdatum: 30.10.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi

I might be able to help a little based on what I have found myself.

Using Classic theme as base : As you mentioned, new themes are based on Styled which seems half-finnished. The problem with Classic is that it is under development and is only available as part of the Liferay Source Code. I found it here :
https://github.com/liferay/liferay-portal/tree/master/modules/apps/foundation/frontend-theme
I have then manually copied the files under /src to my newly created theme. The problem is as I said, it is still under change, but you will get a better start than the Styled one.

The markup language : I found that liferay-look-and-feel.xml (under WEB-INF in your Theme) has this line :
<template-extension>ftl</template-extension>
I have not tried to change that, but it seems to be the right place to edit.

Changes in theme gives no effect : After a few hours of frustration, I found that is because of the hellish caching of the css done by the browser. I will post a new post now to ask for help, specific for this. Hope someone from Liferay can help. To verify that, check your site with a new Browser. I found that my Chrome (even if I have specified not to cache), it caches. For instance the URL of the main CSS in my case is :
http://localhost:8080/o/agora-5-theme/css/main.css?browserId=other&themeId=agora5theme_WAR_agora5theme&minifierType=css&languageId=en_US&b=7001&t=32
No matter how I reload, it gives me back the same CSS. If I change the 32 to 33, it will give me the new modified CSS :/
This makes the theme developement extremely hard emoticon

Best regards,
Armaz
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 978 Beitrittsdatum: 03.01.10 Neueste Beiträge
To learn: I recommend you search "liferay github theme" and check out the src folder of classic and westeros themes (and others if you wish).
thumbnail
Gaurav Joshi, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 3 Beitrittsdatum: 21.08.15 Neueste Beiträge
You can do gulp kickstart in your theme folder. Select the Classic and you get the classic theme.

Hope this helps.