Foren

Apps not getting installed from Liferay Marketplace

Mirza Safiullah Baig, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

Apps not getting installed from Liferay Marketplace

New Member Beiträge: 6 Beitrittsdatum: 27.05.16 Neueste Beiträge
I am trying to install portlets from Liferay marketplace but none of the apps are getting installed. All I can see is a random number being generated in the deploy folder of my liferay portal.

I am using EE version of Liferay portal with developer license. I tried installing Liferay Dynamic Data List Form EE version as well as CE version https://web.liferay.com/marketplace/-/mp/application/15100672 by providing url of the portlet in Liferay Portal App manager.

Can anyone please help in fixing this.

Thanks
thumbnail
Jorge Díaz, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

RE: Apps not getting installed from Liferay Marketplace

Liferay Master Beiträge: 753 Beitrittsdatum: 09.01.14 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Mirza,

Which application server are you using? Tomcat? Jboss?
Is there any kind of error or exception in log?
Is the marketplace portlet deployed, before trying to install DDL Form one?
If you download and install a clean bundle with last service pack from customer portal, are you able to deploy the portlet?

As you are using EE version, you should open a ticket in LESA

Regards,
Jorge Díaz

Hi Jorge,

I am using Tomcat 7 server. When I start the server I see error saying other portlets need marketplace portlet . But I see marketplace portlet inside Tomcat webapps directory.

Also regarding this issue, please correct me if I am wrong. The URL should be path to war file or Liferay marketplace portlet page URL.

I see another issue where I am not able to access Liferay Marketplace store from my liferay instance. The store page just keeps on spinning and gives error "Cannot connect to marketplace store". I see this issue on other server environments where I have installed Liferay portal.

Thanks
Mirza

Also when I go to Marketplace EE portlet page I am unable to download portlet war file. File is unavailable.

https://web.liferay.com/group/customer/downloads?p_p_id=3_WAR_osbportlet&p_p_lifecycle=1&p_p_state=maximized&_3_WAR_osbportlet_fileName=/plugins/6.2.10/marketplace-portlet-6.2.10.5.war
thumbnail

Try stopping tomcat, delete marketplace folder from webapps folder and start tomcat again.

Liferay will automatically reinstall marketplace during startup. (It will install a embedded copy, so you have to update it after that)

About the marketplace link, I am able to download it without problem, What kind of error is thrown?

As you are using EE version, you should open a ticket in LESA

Still seeing the same issue after stopping Tomcat, deleting marketplace-portlet and restarting server. I see a fresh copy of marketplace-portlet in webapp, but still not able to connect to marketplace from control panel.

Regarding the link, I am getting 404 error. Attached is the screenshot.

There was a similar ticket to not being able to access marketplace from Control Panel.

https://web.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/36101248

I tried the steps in that as well, but still seeing the issue.
thumbnail

Are you downloading last version of marketplace portlet from https://web.liferay.com/marketplace/download

In order to be able to download it, you must login with a liferay.com account linked to a EE customer.

And I repeat one more time:
- In case of EE problems, you should open a ticket in LESA or talk with your liferay sales representative.

I am using a trial EE version right now. I think that might be the case. I will connect with EE support. Thanks for your help.