Foren

liferay ide 3 multiple sdk

thumbnail
Moisés Belda, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

liferay ide 3 multiple sdk

Junior Member Beiträge: 75 Beitrittsdatum: 20.04.13 Neueste Beiträge
Hi

I've downloaded new Liferay IDE 3.0, and I have not found any option to configure multiple SDKs (previously in Windows->Preferences->Liferay or when you create/import a plugin through the wizards). I have different sdk's (liferay 6.1, 6.2, 7.0 GA1 and GA2) and when I try to import a second sdk with the new option "Liferay Plugins SDK Parent Project" an error message is displayed : "This workspace already has another sdk". The old combo list to choose different SDKs (in portlet creation wizard or importing plugins) seems to be replaced by a non-editable input field that shows the unique configured sdk without any option to change.

Also, when I try to import a project (portlet, hook, whatever) from a different version than the "main" sdk configured, the message error "This project has different sdk than current workspace" is displayed.

Have Liferay IDE 3.0 lost support for multiple SDK? Is this behaviour normal for the new 3.0 version?
thumbnail
Andy Wu, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

RE: liferay ide 3 multiple sdk

Regular Member Beiträge: 195 Beitrittsdatum: 05.05.15 Neueste Beiträge
That is correct, Moises. Now we just allow one sdk existing in one eclipse worksspace. But you can use File->Launch Workspace to launch a new eclispe workspace to set another sdk.
If any inconvenient, please let us know !
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1123 Beitrittsdatum: 16.02.10 Neueste Beiträge
Just to clarify, in Liferay IDE 3.0 we have "one Plugins SDK" per "one Eclipse workspace" because that is the pattern that most people use. If you need to work on multiple SDKs, we recommend you have multiple Eclipse workspaces with "one sdk imported per workspace". Then as Andy said we have made this simple by adding a "File > Launch Workspace" command and you can "copy preferences" from existing workspace like (color/appearance/formatting rules, etc) to the new workspace.
thumbnail
Moisés Belda, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 75 Beitrittsdatum: 20.04.13 Neueste Beiträge
Thanks for your clarifications!

Are you speaking about the Eclipse workspaces? There is a new concept in the Liferay ide 3.0 called Liferay Workspace Projects, that when you create one of them, a project with gradle scripts and a sort of project with modules and themes folders is created ... I know that it is the new feature to build modules with gradle... But when I create each "liferay project workspace" there is no option to choose sdk version.. It seems that only works with the last sdk version, right? . What about ga1 / ga2 sdk? And.. Is it only allowed for Liferay 7 modules ?

Another doubt about this liferay workspace project is that I didn't find how to create a theme within.. Only the old theme creation through the sdk wizard.

Thanks in advance
thumbnail
Andy Wu, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 195 Beitrittsdatum: 05.05.15 Neueste Beiträge
yes , we were talking about eclipse workspce .
as liferay-workspace , yes , it is a new thing.
and for more information , you can goto https://dev.liferay.com/develop/tutorials/-/knowledge_base/7-0/creating-a-liferay-workspace to see