Foren

How to deploy maven-ext plugin

thumbnail
Sai Sriharsha Kasturi, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

How to deploy maven-ext plugin

Junior Member Beiträge: 34 Beitrittsdatum: 21.10.12 Neueste Beiträge
I've got an issue with Maven EXT plugin,

• I've developed a Ext plugin with Maven in Eclipse IDE
  • I've then extended a portal-service class in the project and then tried to build a WAR for it.
  • It generated a war with the name <project-name>.war.
  • I deployed it in the portal and restarted the server.

However, it does not place the ext-services.jar in tomcat/lib/ext and my code didn't work at all. It worked perfectly with an ANT war. Where am I doing wrong?
thumbnail
Andrew Jardine, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

RE: How to deploy maven-ext plugin

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2416 Beitrittsdatum: 22.12.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Sai,

I think i came across this problem a loooooooong time ago and I think it was a problem with the maven artifacts and in the end the answer was to use liferay:direct-deploy. I can't remember for sure though to be honest.

Alternatively, I am using a fairly recent version (branch) from Git -- https://github.com/liferay/liferay-maven-support/tree/6.2.10.15 -- which I have built and installed locally. I have had no problems doing a liferay:deploy of the <project>.war with this. I am working primarily with EE right now though but for the Maven goals, I can't see why CE or EE would matter. Never tried it though.
thumbnail
Sai Sriharsha Kasturi, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 34 Beitrittsdatum: 21.10.12 Neueste Beiträge
Andrew,

Thanks for the reply. It has nothing to do with the Liferay. I made a mistake in pom.xml. I forgot specify the extension in the <finalName>
Instead of
<finalname>my-custom-ext</finalname>
, I wrote
<finalname>my-custom</finalname>
. So, it didn't recognize it.
thumbnail

Hi Sai,

Ah -- thanks for sharing that. There are actually a couple of Liferay issues out there that have had some recent action on them regarding something similar. I found a couple of years ago a problem when I created a plugin called xxx-web-theme. The goal was to have a them for the web based version of the application -- hence the name. The deploy pipeline though got confused with this name and didn't know whether to treat it as a web plugin or a theme. I opened a ticket for it -- it's not a "bug" per say, but there is probably a better way to provide meta data around the type of plugin.

Anyway, seems like you were bit by the same thing. Perhaps this issue will be fixed in the coming release.
thumbnail

I just got an email update for the issue I referenced. Looks like it has been closed, however I am not sure that it would address your issue as I don't see any references in the notes to other type scenarios (like the one you experienced)

https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-42120