Foren

HTTP Status 414 error

thumbnail
ganesh thakur, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

HTTP Status 414 error

New Member Beiträge: 17 Beitrittsdatum: 19.10.15 Neueste Beiträge
Dear All,

i had done some changes in Liferay permissions for pages. After that my portal get down and getting HTTP Status 414 error message. So requesting you to please let me know how to fix this issue.

I think there is some values which stores into lportal database tables. But i dont know from which table i have to revert the values so my portal get up again as it was previously.
deveshree zawar, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

RE: HTTP Status 414 error

Junior Member Beiträge: 61 Beitrittsdatum: 09.02.16 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

Could you paste the stacktrace here?
Also , can you check for your changes in resourcepermission table?

Thanks,
Deveshree
thumbnail
ganesh thakur, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 17 Beitrittsdatum: 19.10.15 Neueste Beiträge
Hi...Thanks for your interest..

But from where i can get stacktrace information? could you please give me steps?

Also i checked resourcepermission table but there i didn't get any solution. Because there is no last modified date column in that table. which tables consist of all access control permissions details so i can update and make my liferay portal up.
Scott Robertson, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 5 Beitrittsdatum: 29.09.15 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

I came across this same issue, and thought I would share my solution.

This is caused by the guest user not having permissions to view any page in the home site. This means when a user hits the home/login page, they don't have access, which causes Liferay to redirect them to log in (i.e. back to the home page), which starts a redirect cycle until the URL is too long and you get a HTTP 414 Error.

For me, the Guest permissions were cleared by me hitting "Save" after viewing the permissions of the Home page of the Home site. Note: I did not change the View value for Guest (in fact it is disabled), but still, the permission value was cleared (which I found out by digging in the database).

I fixed this in the database by:

• Determining the ID of the Guest role:

select * from Role_ where name = 'Guest'

• Determining the ID of the home page (this might not be the best way):

select * from Layout where privateLayout = 0 and userName = '';

• Updating the resource permission corresponding to the Home page and guest role:

update resourcepermission
    set actionIds = 1
    where roleId = <role_id>
    and name = 'com.liferay.portal.model.Layout'
    and primKey = <layout_id>;

• Retarting Liferay

After a restart, I could navigate back to the home page successfully.

Hope this helps someone in the future!