Foren

Deploying JSF 2.2 Portlets On Jboss 7.1.1-Liferay 6.2 javax.el.PropertyNot

thumbnail
Arkaprovo Bhattacharjee, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

Deploying JSF 2.2 Portlets On Jboss 7.1.1-Liferay 6.2 javax.el.PropertyNot

Junior Member Beiträge: 31 Beitrittsdatum: 07.02.16 Neueste Beiträge
I have downloaded liferay-portal-jboss-6.2-ce-ga6 from here and Upgraded Mojarra to 2.2.12 . For testing purpose, I have deployed this Liferay sample portlet. After placing the portlet on page it is detect everything like
2.2.12-jbossorg-2
Liferay Faces Alloy 4.2.5-ga6 (Philippi / Aug 11, 2015 AD)
Liferay Faces Bridge 4.2.5-ga6 (Philippi / Aug 11, 2015 AD)
but when I am clicking on SUbmit (or in any action on portlet That has an action assiociated with managed Bean) I am getting this error
07:08:53,566 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) WFLYSRV0010: Deployed "jsf2-portlet.war" (runtime-name : "jsf2-portlet.war")
07:14:36,899 WARNING [javax.enterprise.resource.webcontainer.jsf.lifecycle] (default task-39) javax.el.PropertyNotFoundException: /WEB-INF/views/applicant.xhtml @19,93 value="#{applicantModelBean.firstName}": Target Unreachable, identifier 'applicantModelBean' resolved to null: javax.faces.FacesException: javax.el.PropertyNotFoundException: /WEB-INF/views/applicant.xhtml @19,93 value="#{applicantModelBean.firstName}": Target Unreachable, identifier 'applicantModelBean' resolved to null

checked everything ,totally confused why this problem is happening.
thumbnail
Kyle Joseph Stiemann, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

RE: Deploying JSF 2.2 Portlets On Jboss 7.1.1-Liferay 6.2 javax.el.Propert

Liferay Master Beiträge: 760 Beitrittsdatum: 14.01.13 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Arkaprovo,
I've answered this question already in your other thread:

Your problems with JBoss/Wildfly are probably due to Mojarra being included twice on the classpath: once from the portlet's WEB-INF/lib and once from the servlet container. The sample JSF2 portlet you mentioned is designed to be used in Tomcat, not JBoss, so it includes Mojarra in its WEB-INF/lib. If you want things to run correctly, you should ensure that Mojarra is not included in your portlet's WEB-INF/lib...

See the other thread for more details.

- Kyle
thumbnail
Arkaprovo Bhattacharjee, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 31 Beitrittsdatum: 07.02.16 Neueste Beiträge
Kyle Joseph Stiemann:
Hi Arkaprovo,
I've answered this question already in your other thread:

Your problems with JBoss/Wildfly are probably due to Mojarra being included twice on the classpath: once from the portlet's WEB-INF/lib and once from the servlet container. The sample JSF2 portlet you mentioned is designed to be used in Tomcat, not JBoss, so it includes Mojarra in its WEB-INF/lib. If you want things to run correctly, you should ensure that Mojarra is not included in your portlet's WEB-INF/lib...

See the other thread for more details.

- Kyle

I did exactly what you said excluded jsf-api and jsf-impl from WEB-INF/lib but same problem persist.
thumbnail
Kyle Joseph Stiemann, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 760 Beitrittsdatum: 14.01.13 Neueste Beiträge
As I mentioned in your other thread:

The issue you are running into is FACES-2621. It was fixed in our new liferay-faces-bridge-impl repo, so you can try the snapshot from the 4.x version to see if things work better.

Let's continue the discussion on your original thread. I'll lock this one.

- Kyle