Foren

Difference between Bridge and Bridge ext

Martin Vaněk, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

Difference between Bridge and Bridge ext

New Member Beiträge: 11 Beitrittsdatum: 12.03.16 Neueste Beiträge
Greetings guys,

I have been developing for past months JSF portlets with faces bridge and today I found out that faces bridge ext exists.

I havent found anywhere what it exactly does thought. I have only und
Extension to Liferay Faces Bridge that provides compatibility with Liferay Portal and also takes advantage of Liferay-specific features such as friendly URLs.

I develop portlets without this and it works just fine, so my question is what bridges ext provides better with Liferay portal in contrast to only bridge?

I would appreciate any information about this topic I am not knowledgable enough to go look through code to see what it does.

If that helps anything I use Liferay portal 6.2 with faces bridge 4.2.5-ga6

Thank you!
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

RE: Difference between Bridge and Bridge ext (Antwort)

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2655 Beitrittsdatum: 27.07.05 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Martin,

The Liferay Faces team has been working hard to better modularize our various sub-projects as described in a blog I wrote titled New Git Repositories for Liferay Faces.

The liferay-faces-bridge-ext.jar module you mentioned is a result of extracting the Liferay-Portal-specific code from liferay-faces-bridge-impl.jar.

If you are using Liferay Faces GA6 (modules published under our old version scheme), then you don't need to be concerned with liferay-faces-bridge-ext.jar.

However, liferay-faces-bridge-ext.jar will be required to deploy JSF portlets in Liferay Portal should you choose to upgrade to the modules that will be published under our New Liferay Faces Version Scheme.

Kind Regards,

Neil
Martin Vaněk, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

RE: Difference between Bridge and Bridge ext

New Member Beiträge: 11 Beitrittsdatum: 12.03.16 Neueste Beiträge
Hello Neil,

Thank you for quick and nice response, I didnt expect you so fast!