Foren

Dynamic portlet values in nested portlet

Alex Man, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

Dynamic portlet values in nested portlet

Junior Member Beiträge: 70 Beitrittsdatum: 08.02.16 Neueste Beiträge
I have a different pages in my Liferay application with nested portlet within which it is having many portlets. The same nested portlet is been used in multiple pages with different url id param value (example https://localhost:8080/orders?id=12). The issue is that each portlet which is been placed within nested portlet is a spring portlets, so based based on id value change how we can change the values of the each portlets. Do we need to implement any custom class for nested portlet

Can anyone please tell me some solution for this
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

RE: Dynamic portlet values in nested portlet (Antwort)

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 6400 Beitrittsdatum: 23.09.08 Neueste Beiträge
I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to achieve. "Nested Portlet" (the container) will have different "portlet preferences" on every page. And - at least by default - all your nested portlets (the contained) will have their own as well. Unless you change the defaults or aren't using portlet preferences.

One thing to make it easier: The sample layout you give does not look like you need a nested portlet at all. In fact, I'd recommend to rather use a proper layout template - these are the easiest-to-create plugins and you're using them within the nested portlet anyways. "Nested Portlet" is good to introduce additional column separations if you can't introduce additional columns right now. However, as it always involves additional markup, quite often you'll have to deal with extra margins or padding introduced by it. Make your life easier by determining the layout(s) you need and create the appropriate layout templates. Trust me, it's trivial to do this.