Foren

Adding pages by JavaScript / AlloyUI - calls

Brian Snijders, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Adding pages by JavaScript / AlloyUI - calls

New Member Beiträge: 3 Beitrittsdatum: 21.10.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hello everyone!

In the dockbar in Liferay 6 there's an option to add a new page to the current group ('Add > Page' in dockbar). Now I'm facing a small challenge, which is to take the 'Add > Page' option out of the dockbar, such that I can integrate it into my customised navigation menu.

Use case for this requirement is a registered user, who's signed in, that wants to add a new page to his set of private layouts. I don't want to use the dockbar for regular users, since there's a requirement to integrate the 'Add > Page' functionality in the design of the frontend, so I'm planning on using a basic link (<a></a>).

I've tried to clone dockbar functionality in a separate DIV in my navigation menu, but this does not yield any good result. I hope that any of you can help me out or at least give some basic guidelines on how to decouple the 'Add > Page' from the AUI-loaded dockbar :-).

Thanks in advance!
J T, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: Adding pages by JavaScript / AlloyUI - calls

New Member Beiträge: 15 Beitrittsdatum: 27.07.10 Neueste Beiträge
Same requirement here!
I've noticed that id of the link in navigation.vm has to be named in specifc way:
<li id="_145_addContent"><a>Add</a></li>
in order to use liferay js libraries (dockbar.js) . But if we hide the dockbar (via styling visibilty:none) the link fails to show the dropdown options.
Theres got be an elegant way for us to simply leverage the functionality provided by clicking Add->Page in the dockbar from a click event in the navigation. Since I've yet to see any responses I'm thinking not..